Director, Organizational Design and Effectiveness
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001SV1
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As part of the Talent Development & Organizational Capability (TDOC) function at Marriott, the Organizational Capability (OC) COE is responsible for building business capabilities in the areas of organizational and process design talent activation, team effectiveness and change/deployment management. Our work is focused broadly on strengthening the alignment between business priorities and organizational strategy and activation (structure, processes, systems, talent, change, culture, etc.). Your colleagues in this COE include other Organizational Development, Organizational Design, Organizational Effectiveness, and Change Management professionals, together working to ensure Marriott International (MI) optimizes its return on human capital investments through a high performing organization. You’ll have an opportunity to partner with some of our most Senior HR Leaders and Senior Business Leaders across the enterprise.
The Organizational Capability Business Partner is a Director-level leader who will contribute to the development of Marriott’s capabilities in planning, designing, and facilitating organizational optimization through:
- Consult with Sr. Executive clients/stakeholders to translate business needs into organizational implications, including developing and implementing high-quality, cost-effective organizational solutions.
- Partner with the Senior HR Leaders (Global HR Officers) to activate an organizational strategy (including structure, process & jobs) to align with the newly defined organizational designs.
- Align change management activities to facilitate understanding and adoption of new roles and processes.
- Provide end-to-end client management, including consultation, diagnostics, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Access and synthesize data from a variety of sources to formulate informed viewpoints on organizational issues.
- Seek opportunities to leverage knowledge, resources and work activities across OC, TDOC and other Marriott departments/divisions.
- Coordinate activities of outside consultants, as required.
- You’re comfortable with complexity, ambiguity and change.
- You’re a relationship builder and networker – particularly with senior level executives.
- You’ve got leadership presence and the ability to establish credibility necessary to influence at all organizational levels and give projects credibility.
- You’re able to work independently, but also able to lead small cross-functional teams, either directly or indirectly, composed of varying skill levels.
- You’ve got a proven track record partnering with business leaders to design and execute high impact organizational solutions in a large, complex organization.
- You’re skilled at presenting and delivering impactful results and recommendations to senior leaders.
- You’re a “big picture” thinker but you can execute and deliver on real issues and assignments.
- You’re persistent; you can drive ideas and be persuasive, influence without coercion.
- You’re results oriented, and can even deliver under difficult conditions, and maintain a balanced point of view under pressure.
- You’re analytical; you make decisions using data and business knowledge but can present them in a simple way.
- You’re trustworthy with strong business integrity and the ability to hold sensitive information in confidence.
- You’re an innovative and agile learner; able to readily apply past learnings in new situations to generate solutions to company challenges and/or create something entirely new.
- You’ve got acute organizational and self-awareness and are politically savvy.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree, MS/MBA (or equivalent) in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business Management, Psychology, or Related Field preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in supporting or leading organizational design and effectiveness engagements for executive-level clients.
- Consulting/consultative background is required.
- Hospitality/Lodging industry experience is a plus.
- Finance background is preferred.
- Strong facilitation skills and the ability to lead teams towards productive outcomes.
- Expert in performing organizational diagnostic work and needs assessments.
- Experience and knowledge of organizational capability principles and methodologies.
- Strong program and project management skills essential
- Strong qualitative data collection, analytic, and root cause identification skills required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - ability to articulate compelling ideas and engage partners effectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with team members, internal stakeholders and external constituents; ability to influence change through these relationships.
- Sharp business acumen.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to operationalize concepts/strategies.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, as well as be a strong team player.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment - establishing goals and delivering against the objectives of assignments to meet time, budget and quality criteria.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.