Senior Account Executive - Wholesale FIT (Remote Based)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001SF4
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Southern Southeast Sales Force, Atlanta, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Provides account management support for domestic and international wholesale and Receptive operator accounts that buy locally within the market. Partners with the Global Sales Organization (GSO) team to verify the pull through of "segment" strategies and tools in the market, as appropriate. Develops strategic relationships with key segment buyers with the purpose of penetrating and growing local market share and driving revenue to hotels within the organization.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Lodging sales experience.
• Account management experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Account Sales Activities
• Retains, expands and grows account revenue through Total Account Management, margin management and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives in the key buying locations.
• Partners with the GSO team to verify the pull through of segment strategies and tools in the market.
• Leverages appropriate corporate (e.g., Global Account Executives, Sales & Marketing, Partner Support, eCommerce, Marketing) and market resources (e.g., property leadership) to establish pull-through and sustainment of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Achieves local account revenue and sales goals as defined by US Account leadership. Develops and achieves operating budgets and manages controllable expenses.
• Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
• Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and responds with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Leverages all available sales channels (e.g., industry trade shows/events, Global Sales Organization (GSO) Wholesale Sales Teams, Area Sales, etc.) in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
• Completes Marriott’s Wholesale Certification Program (Wholesale).
• Attends Marriott’s annual “” trade show/customer event for key wholesale accounts and hoteliers (e.g., Wholesale).
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Managing Wholesale Sales Activities
• Implements the overall account strategy at local properties within the market.
• Focuses on opportunities from wholesalers and receptive operators.
• Works with revenue management to set sales strategy, run promotions, manage room allotments, set rates, and make adjustments based on market conditions.
• Works closely with each property to establish wholesale processes and procedures with operations staff (e.g. Front Desk, Reservations, Accounting) to establish pull-through of business at the property level.
• Creates annual Static Yieldable FIT contracts with non-connected wholesale accounts, verifying the pull-through of contract terms and conditions at the property level.
• Engages with international Global Sales Organization (GSO) offices, General Sales Agents (GSA)s and Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVBs) in both destination and country of origin, as appropriate for country-specific deployment.
• Identifies new FIT opportunities with new accounts by attending industry trade shows and events.
• Support Dynamic Global Distribution Strategy by assuring that all connected key wholesale accounts are not given static contracts.
• Support Marriott’s Wholesales strategy by assuring that your hotels are not entering into pre-buy contracts and static contracts with allotments.
• Partners with Senior Account Executive (SAE), Travel Industry International/Tour & Travel to pull through business within launch market and sustain selling solutions at the property level.
Managing Leisure Sales Activities
• Works with Regional Marketing teams on market-level and property-specific strategies and initiatives. Pulls-through existing national and regional promotions.
• Partners with regional team to help implement the market’s leisure strategy at key buying locations. Verifies local market strategy is in alignment with the overall account goals.
• Gains expertise in resort amenities (e.g. Golf, Spa), ‘new package offerings’ and market promotions; promotes offerings with local buyers.
• Understands competitive market set and economic environment in order to position hotels appropriately during sales process.
• Attends appropriate trade shows.
Building Successful Relationships
• Serves as account’s “local service guarantee” by verifying that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Creates strong partnerships between field and corporate by maintaining a productive dialogue and exchange of ideas.
• Acts as the customer advocate through understanding the account needs and opportunities.
• Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks in the market to determine strategic Sales and Marketing implications and provides feedback to key stakeholders (e.g., Enterprise Sales Team, Sales Office etc.); partners with key stakeholders in account planning and determining strategy execution approaches for the market.
• Manages relationships with the key buyers that drive business to the market to optimize account reach and share for the wholesale segment.
• Develops working relationships with Property staff and provides coaching on specific booking needs of the wholesale segment.
• Develops and manages relationships with key buyers that drive business to the local market, optimize share and grow the leisure segment.
• Maintains relationships with key travel programs already established at the enterprise-level for the leisure segment.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the property level.