Senior Manager, Learning + Development Reporting
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001QP3
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Learning + Development (L+D) Vendor Management and Reporting team supports the department’s partnerships with third party vendors and the reporting and analytics strategy for the organization.
You will collaborate with all areas within L+D including Leadership, Development, Governance, Technology, and Performance Advisors.
This is an analytical role in which you’ll use prior database and reporting experience to support reporting and analytics for the organization’s training programs. You will engage creatively and flexibly, as you will work with a variety of subject matter experts, and create reporting solutions for different audiences. Your experience with designing and building reports in the hospitality or service industry is critical to your success in this position. Preferred experience includes expertise in designing and implementing innovative reporting solutions and complex data structures. What this means:
- You will design and run dashboard reports for leadership on priority learning initiatives
- You’ll assist the Director, L+D Vendor Management and Reporting in evaluating the effectiveness of training by implementing Kirkpatrick’s four levels of measurement model
- You will support business as usual operations through the management of self-service reporting tools, conducting training on those tools, and running ad hoc reports as needed
- You will also partner with vendors to implement reporting enhancements and troubleshoot/resolve issues and escalations
This position can be located remotely, with some travel to our corporate headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland.
Director, L+D Vendor Management and Reporting
You possess experience in the subjects below and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
- You’re fully engaged with and can execute intake from leadership and team members to fulfill one-time and ongoing reporting requests
- You have a passion for mining large volumes of data looking for trends and actionable takeaways
- You thrive when able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- You’ve developed excellent communication skills.
- You’ve can tell a story with summarized data
- You’ve got experience with and a love for databases, queries, and summarizing results using large data sets
On a daily basis, you will be able to demonstrate skills in Reporting & Analytics, Functional Results, Managing Execution, and Building Relationships. Including:
- Building learning reports from analysis, design, and build, through the creation of final deliverables
- Interacting with subject matter experts across a variety of clients, e.g., discipline or brand, to design and develop effective reporting solutions.
- Clearly and concisely present ideas to clients on learning reports.
- Exploring alternative methods/mediums of providing reporting solutions to the field.
- Managing time and resources to meet project deadlines and changing business and/or market needs.
- Working as a project leader to achieve results in a team environment.
- Managing multiple projects and processes on time and on budget.
- Developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, across regions, brands, and disciplines.
OUR EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- BS/BA degree (required). Advanced degree or additional certification a plus.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of reporting experience within the area of human resources, including:
- Advanced MS Excel
- Advanced MS Access
- Relational Databases
- Some SQL
- Optional, but preferred:
- SAP SuccessFactors