Director, Mobile Marketing & Channel Innovation
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001HXI
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Director, Mobile Marketing & Channel Innovation is an important leader on
the Marketing Strategy & Performance team within the Global Marketing
Optimization organization. This role
reports directly to the Vice President, Marketing Strategy & Performance
and will lead a team focused on driving Mobile app performance through
Marketing, establishing Mobile Marketing best practices and further adoption
through the organization, and building test, leanr, and scale roadmap for new
App Marketing & Messaging
The role develops and directs the multi-channel guest marketing and communications strategy around key product launches along Marriott’s enterprise Mobile and Digital Guest Services Roadmap. This role defines both launch and evergreen marketing strategies for Mobile and Digital Guest Services products and leads execution across paid, owned and earned channels as well as on-property awareness for all efforts.
This role will be charged with establishing best practices and evangelizing mobile marketing as an important marketing channel for all marketing needs – not only driving mobile app performance.
The Director will play a key role in examining, developing and piloting new marketing and communications vehicles for Global Marketing. These innovation areas may, at times, overlap with mobile marketing (such as location-based advertising) but will not be limited to any one channel or device .
- 8-10 years of Digital Marketing and/or eCommerce experience
- College degree in Marketing, International Business or related field
- 3-4 years Mobile Marketing experience
- Hospitality or Retail background preferred
- Understanding of mobile and tablet industry platforms, devices and trends
- Experience managing Integrated Marketing campaigns consisting of earned, owned, and paid assets specifically: Branding, CRM, Social, PR
- Experience with integrated mobile campaigns including SMS & Push Notification campaigns
- Experience with online media, paid search, SEO, and measurement and analytics
- Proven skill in leading and working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g., IT, International, Marketing)
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Demonstrated experience and success in a highly matrixed cross functional organization
- Partner across Marketing to promote our Mobile efforts to drive measurable app downloads and utilization KPIs.
- Partner with Product leads, Digital Marketing and Loyalty marketing leads to develop and direct the strategy, roadmap, and execution of Marriott’s enterprise mobile messaging program. This encompasses the evolution of mobile messaging channels (SMS, Push Notifications, Location-based messaging, etc.) into a guest-centric, cross-channel, orchestrated outbound messaging platform. This position supports MI’s digital personalization strategy to optimize all outbound digital guest messaging.
- Manage his/ her direct team as well as lead efforts across a cross-functional team that spans Digital, Global Marketing, Digital Brand Marketing, Field Marketing, Loyalty, Global Operations, Continent Operations teams, Public Relations, and Information Technology. Additionally, they will effectively leverage both internal resources as well as external agencies and partners to deliver activation strategies.
- Partner very closely with the Mobile Product and cross functional team working on Marriott’s suite of Mobile Apps. Function as an embedded team member within the Mobile organization representing the full suite of opportunities across Marketing while also serving as the advocate for driving Mobile performance within the Global Marketing organization.
- Develop and direct marketing campaigns that support Marriott’s Mobile Marketing and Digital On-Property experiences– including driving downloads, adoption, engagement, and increased revenue through Marriott’s iPhone, Android, iPad and other mobile app platform offerings
- Identify critical product roadmap elements necessary to achieve marketing objectives and collaborate with product managers to enhance capabilities within the app to support messaging, video capabilities, merchandising, personalization and other digital marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with Digital, Brand, Brand Marketing, Loyalty, Operations, Public Relations, Portfolio, Buzz & Partnership teams to define and develop integrated marketing strategies that generate guest services awareness, engage with customers, drive usage, and build loyalty
- Direct agency resources and partner with internal stakeholders to drive creative strategies that develop marketing collateral such as online banners, mobile display banners, paid search ads, emails, landing pages, on-site promotional placements and mobile messaging
- Direct agency resources to deliver and optimize mobile display campaigns, QR codes, SMS campaigns, and other mobile media buys
- Evangelize mobile and digital marketing best practices with partners throughout the organization
- Act as a liaison for Digital Personalization, Paid Media, and Merchandising teams to maximize the performance of campaigns through mobile devices. Assist with implementation of tracking and other requirements by layering into mobile product roadmaps
- Continue to refine and direct the vision & roadmap for the enterprise outbound messaging strategy leveraging personalization best practices
- Collaborate with various internal and external outbound messaging teams to ensure unified and consistent objectives
- Build awareness and establish viability of mobile messaging as a communication channel with the Marriott guest
- Evolve and elevate our mobile messaging platform to meet the guest’s needs across multiple devices and adapt for future technologies
- Direct the expansion of location-based mobile messaging in hotels to improve the on-property digital guest experience and develop new sources of ancillary revenue
- Direct and oversee local property offer management centralization and establish best practices for scaling and distributing across mobile and outbound messaging channels
- Working with Marketing Strategy & Performance and Analytics to ensure proper tracking for measurement are in place
- Representing the mobile marketing channel on broader attribution discussions, delivering points of view on creative best practices for the mobile marketing channel
- Evangelizing macro trends and opportunities to harnass a larger share of consumer attention to drive business outcomes
- Partner with Marriott’s Mobile and Digital Guest Experience product team to stay aligned with product roadmap and build marketing support for key initiatives by informing stakeholders across brand, global marketing, and continent teams
- Serve as subject matter expert in outbound digital messaging orchestration and optimizing guest contact strategies for maximum ROI
- Annual review and synthesis of the landscape of innovation opportunities
- Prioritizing and sizing opportunities areas: cost, risk, difficulty to develop, resources needed etc.
- Build pilot plans, evangelize the efforts and integrate with on-going marketing activities as possible
- Driving in-market testing including evaluating results
- Communications with a wide range of stakeholders across MI
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.