Sr. Service Availability Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001FJI
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Senior Service Availability Manager leads a team of of consultants in executing the Marriott IT Incident Management process and facilitates the execution of the Marriott Change, Release and Problem Management processes. Additionally, the Senior Service Availability Manager ensures the Marriott IT Communications Plan is executed at a high level of consistency and provides feedback for improvements. The Senior Service Availability Manager coordinates services from third-party providers or vendors and participates in establishing the required service level agreements and tracking related performance. The role ensures that new systems meet production onboarding requirements before production deployment. the Senior Service Availability Manager acts as a coach and mentor inspiring staff to constantly increase their skill set and to consistently add value to the larger team.
The Marriott Technology Operations Center (MTOC) is a 24/7 operation. The position will cover four 10 hour shifts each week. The fifth day of the work week will not be assigned a specific shift schedule. Shift schedules may include overnight and/or weekend shifts. This is an exempt position and is not eligible for any overtime payments.
- 8 years of experience in an information technology environment
- 5+ years of experience in information technology focused on IT Operations
- 3 years operations experience involving incident, problem, change, and release management
- Undergraduate degree or or equivalent experience/certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to concisely and accurately tailor information to specific audiences
- Demonstrated success in a fast paced, highly-visible environment
- ITIL Foundations v3 certification
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical operations teams in a highly visible, mission critical environment
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting complex network, server, storage, and/or application issues
- Strong customer service focus and an understanding of how IT supports the end business efforts
- The ability to work outside of core business days and hours will be required.
- Demonstrated experience working with ITSM suites, e.g., - BMC Remedy or ServiceNow
- Experience in varied technologies (e.g. telecommunications, client server architecture, eCommerce infrastructures, enterprise and workgroup server platforms, Web applications, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with various monitoring, performance, or capacity tools
- Ability to create constructive relationships, influence, and communicate with varying levels of associates and management.
- Ability to lead complex, cross-functional problem-solving initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of Server, Storage, Network, Middleware, Application and Cloud technologies.
- A high degree of curiosity and a drive to constantly seek more efficient ways of delivering service
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Provide technical and managerial leadership for team of consultants.
- Remain calm and professional during high-visibility incidents to Marriott’s revenue or brand.
- Act as the role model for the team – inspire others to continually seek additional professional or technical skills.
- Oversee accurate and timely communications to ensure team alignment during incident response and change/release execution.
- Provide integrated management and coordination of various IT processes, including Change, Release and Problem Management processes
- Utilize technical environment knowledge to assure services and components are designed and delivered to meet their availability targets.
- Facilitate bridging the gaps between delivery teams and drive rapid recovery during incidents.
- Provide a holistic view of the environment and make recommendations to improve overall service.
- Participate in system or application triage with support teams and / or vendors as necessary
- Document incident root cause and communicate to stakeholders
- Work with various technology teams to identify and implement lessons learned from each event
- Monitor and reports on SLA adherence and team performance to published metrics
- Monitor and reports on infrastructure trends and uptime metrics
- Strong listening skills are required to ensure communications are accurate and team remains aligned during incident response and change/release execution.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure and be the role model for the team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential in this role.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.