Sr. Technician, HotSpot (Stamford, CT)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001F3E
Job Category Information Technology
Location Starwood Above Property, Stamford, Connecticut VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for all aspects of technical assistance and exemplary customer interaction support for the Marriott walk up service branded the HotSpot. Work as a member of the iT HotSpot team and function as a technical expert in the laptop and mobile technology areas. Resolve and make decisions on more complex service requests with limited to moderate risk. Ensure high quality and polished customer service with a retail mindset. Provide assistance and escalation point forjunior members of the team and drives more difficult technical issues to resolution.
- 2 years of relevant experience working in a walk up center environment
- 4 years of desk side experience in a professional environment
- 4 years of hands on experience with installing, configuring and troubleshooting Office 365, IE, Skype of Business, printer troubleshooting. Experience with iOS operating system and Apple technologies
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Previous experience in the walk up technology centers (i.e. Apple Genius Bar)
- Technology related professional certifications
- Familiarity with workgroup and domain environments, and general networking troubleshooting
- Experience in IT customer service environment using Service Now ITSM
- Strong Apple and WinTel technical capabilities
- Working knowledge of server architecture and administration.
- Networking devices and other infrastructure components (to include Wireless technologies).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Plans, coordinates, and provides on-site technical support and problem resolution to include but not limited to: Windows, Office, Outlook, Apple Mac, iPhone and iPad expertise, meeting management, event support
- Provides assistance to junior members of the team and helps to address more difficult technical issues
- Execute duties as part of the Mobile HotSpot team
- Delivers training and awareness seminars for existing Marriott technologies and potential new technologies
- Support technology showcase events at the iT HotSpot
- Provides content for iT HotSpot Tips and Tricks
- Responsible for adhering to established quality control and security protocols
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes in accordance with business priorities and executive availability requirements
- Records and responds to user queries using the incident management system (SNOW)
- Maintains ownership of customer problems until a mutually satisfactory resolution is obtained
- Escalates issues appropriately to other team members or other teams
- Identifies and highlights persistent problems
- Escalates issues to Executive/HotSpot Management
- Participation in team meetings when required
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Proficiency with Windows and Apple ecosystems.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.