Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001F1S
Job Category Legal
Location Dubai Development, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The basic functions of this position are to provide paralegal support for legal work related to lodging development for the Middle East and Africa (MEA). This position reports to the Vice President & Senior Counsel – Middle East & Africa, however, will also support the MEA attorneys in Dubai.
Education and Experience:
• College degree/diploma or certificate from a paralegal/legal practice course, relevant experience in a similar position preferred
• Proficiency in English (both written and oral) at a level that allows one to review legal and business documents in a timely manner that are written in English and to be able to fully participate in meetings and conference calls where colleagues are speaking in English. In addition, proficiency in at least one other European language is preferred.
• Proficiency in Arabic a plus.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail, diligence, dependability and high integrity are key factors
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and familiarity with database functionality and operation
• Ability to work independently and under pressure in handling multiple tasks
• Responsible, team-oriented, detail-oriented, flexible person
• Mature, professional demeanor, capable of expressing confident, independent judgment, self-motivated, reliable and discreet
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Maintain paper and computer files of approved standard international management and financing agreements.
• Maintaining intranet website for the Group, including posting and updating frequently used forms and related documents.
• Undertake special assignments, including research, review, and analysis of contract documentation and other issues, as requested.
• Maintain database for hotels and up-to-date tracking of the status of documents Maintain current agreements and related agreements and forms, alternatives and samples, disclosure documents, and research using the Share Point site, and ensure that all of the above and processes maintained on the site are current and accessible. Provide training, assistance and access for both authorized internal personnel and external resources.
• Generate first drafts of letters of intent and agreements using standard forms, proofread final transaction documents.
• Coordinate the formation, registration, and utilization of corporate entities.
• Assist Group attorneys in researching and resolving hotel transaction issues by drafting and maintaining transactions checklists and key contact list.
• Conduct follow up to complete post-closing items, such as finalizing and obtaining copies of all closing documents, effecting necessary registrations, etc.
• Assist in preparing, negotiating, and amending operational agreements used in Marriott's lodging business.
• Review client-generated documents and determine if such documents are in conformance with Marriott's standard contractual requirements. Negotiate with clients and other parties and provide contractual language.
• Assist attorneys on, and organize the documentation related to, acquisitions or financings of individual hotels or hotel chains and dispositions of certain hotel properties, including tracking and transfer of files, operational, construction and real estate agreements and other necessary documents.
• Work on resolution of real estate matters, such as removal of charges.
• Conduct and summarize legal research as requested.
• Draft and respond to legal correspondence and memoranda, including audit inquiries.
• Provide general team assistance to Group attorneys in the execution of all aspects of hotel transactions.
• Perform related clerical duties as necessary to fulfill responsibilities.
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies:
• Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned.
• Complies with Federal and State laws applying to procedures.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Manages the flow of questions and directs questions.
• Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
• Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
• Represents team in resolving situations.
• Maintains and manages inventory and service operations.
Additional Responsibilities :
• Informs, updates, and provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
• Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.