Sr. Manager, Account Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001EPA
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Creative \ Content Marketing is a multi-platform group comprised of Marketing & Brand Design, Branded Video Content, Editorial Storytelling, and Real-time Marketing. The Senior Manager, Account Supervisor will serve as a leader on the Account Management team supporting initiatives across all MCCM disciplines. This position will oversee, manage and prioritize project workflows from scoping and strategy to final execution, ensuring that all program deliverables are executed on time, on budget and on strategy. The Senior Manager, Account Supervisor will partner with internal clients to not only understand and articulate their business needs, but also effectively plan and execute innovative, cross-channel marketing solutions in response to those needs. This position will oversee the daily activities of a dedicated team of account management personnel.
The Senior Manager, Account Supervisor will lead initiatives supporting various Global Marketing teams in the development and implementation of ideas across a range of tactics including video, digital, social, mobile, live events, branded entertainment, media integrations and on-property executions. In concert with Brand partners, the Senior Manager will play a proactive role in helping to identify what content should be created and when based on business objectives, value to the consumer, cultural relevance and platform knowledge – helping to integrate content with traditional marketing efforts. The Senior Manager will work in close collaboration with multiple functional areas within Creative \ Content Marketing, Consumer PR, Marriott Digital, Operations and other internal groups as required.
- Marketing Intelligence: Demonstrated experience and expertise with integrated, cross-platform marketing communication strategy and execution.
- Strategy: Partner with Brand teams to help set the vision, strategy and marketing communication goals; support the production and distribution of engaging, results-driven content.
- Brand Partnership: Work collaboratively with internal partners to help develop engaging, story-driven content and integrated communications strategies in support of business objectives.
- Project Consultation: Manage and guide project workflows to execute campaigns and marketing communications across channels and customer-facing content.
- Personnel Management: Provide steady management and daily guidance to direct reports, ensuring that performance metrics are established and evaluated per department protocols.
- Leverage knowledge of marketing communications strategy and brand acumen to guide the development of sound, integrated creative communications solutions across all channels (i.e. print, digital, social, mobile, and video, etc.).
- Deliver actionable campaign and content insights to Brand partners to continue to drive best-in-class marketing programming.
- Work with Creative team to scope and shape concepts and executions (video production, photo shoot production, design, copy, etc.).
- Prepare and pitch business and special project proposals that include quality creative concepts and on-strategy business rationale that are in sync with the Brand team’s marketing plans, positioning and business objectives.
- Gather strategic business and user insights from Brand team to develop comprehensive briefing documents thereby ensuring alignment on objectives and enabling the Account team’s understanding of projects/assignments.
- Plan, estimate, scope and execute marketing initiatives for Global Marketing partners.
- Support development of content strategy that reinforces and supports marketing initiatives, focusing on owned/earned opportunities, amplified through paid.
- Assist in development and communication of strategic vision for brand content marketing and ensure all content ladders up to Brand’s business objectives.
- Ensure all content programs leverage best practices, are on-brand, and are consistent in terms of style, quality, tone and user experience across all channels.
- Plan, estimate, scope content strategy work, determine and execute content distribution and analysis.
- Work collaboratively with internal partners in support of business/program objectives, brand positioning, and global content strategy.
- Proactively engage Brand and other partner teams early in the process—planning/forecasting work up front and holding "discovery meetings” to inform projects before they begin.
- Operate as a liaison between Creative & Content Marketing key disciplines, clients and external/internal business partners/vendors.
- Strengthen Brand partnerships by applying project management expertise as well as marketing/content strategy expertise and brand acumen to ensure that projects are executed on time, on budget and on strategy.
- Understands and meet the needs of key stakeholders.
- Responsible for strategic project consultation and creating integrated project proposals (i.e. Scope of Work), based on current scope, ensuring that clients’ overall needs are met. Review with team for approvals.
- Work with Account Manager (AM) and/or Account Coordinator (AC) in monitoring and tracking the labor delivery and budget for active projects and specific project deliverables and keep abreast of priorities, needs, challenges and opportunities communicated by internal cross-functional team members.
- Communicate regularly with client, including project status reports, meeting summaries, budget-versus-actual reports, etc.
- Partner with creative team to present creative assets and other project deliverables, such as creative concepts and copy.
- Actively manage and mentor two to six Account Management Personnel, ensuring that performance management practices are met—enabling the contribution and ongoing development of the team.
- Responsible for growing the marketing communications insight and institutional acumen of a dedicated account team.
- Enforce team compliance with creative workflow processes and project management practices on behalf of assigned clients.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- Requires 7+ years of work experience in marketing communications and/or advertising with at least five years as an account manager.
- Previous experience as an Account Supervisor with at least four years experience managing direct reports.
- Experience with consumer marketing, content strategy, content creation, brand marketing, event marketing, large-scale video and photo shoot productions required.
- Agency experience preferred.
- Loyalty program marketing experience desired.
- Demonstrated experience working with consumer brands to develop effective content and communications strategies.
- Experience in pitching new business initiatives.
- Ability to partner with clients to develop relevant, effective marketing communications strategies.
- A comprehensive understanding of the role content plays within multiple marketing channels to reach consumers, engage them and add value.
- A strong sense of copy/design best practices along with experience developing creative communications across multiple media and social channels.
- Willingness to embrace change and adapt strategies on the fly.
- Experience with social media including developing strategies, tracking and analyzing activities.
- Ability to succeed under pressure, working independently to manage multiple concurrent projects with shifting priorities and changing business needs.
- Customer oriented with exceptional attention to detail, organizational and strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- High level of emotional intelligence, exceptional customer communications and relationship management skills.
- Experience leading as a multi-functional project team – creative, content, digital, production and distribution combined – with a proven understanding of project estimating, scheduling and workflow trafficking.
- Intimate knowledge of major social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube, Vine, SnapChat
Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or business required.