SVP - IT Infrastructure Delivery
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001E9T
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Sets the vision, strategy and leadership for the IT infrastructure delivery organization for Marriott International
- Manages strategic relationships with all IT teams to ensure the delivery of services meets or exceeds the client’s expectations
- Manages strategic relationships with all Service Providers to ensure the delivery of services meets or exceeds the client’s expectations
- Oversees the development and maintenance of contingency plans
- Ensures the Infrastructure Technology and Engineering team’s strategy enables successful execution of operations and service delivery, infrastructure software and platform engineering, infrastructure development engineering and automation, network engineering, and mainframe services
- Ensures the Service Management team’s strategy enables tools/automation development and deployment, service integration, IT Service management processes development and execution, and performance automation and operational analytics
- Ensures the Workplace and End User Computing team’s strategy enables execution of workplace engineering, service transition and delivery, and a positive end user experience for associates, globally
- Accountable for ensuring that infrastructure meets the demands of the business, orchestrating delivery across a number of Service Providers
- Oversees a standard set of service delivery tools and processes that will provide the right level of governance for all IT teams, and that will result in client satisfaction
- Oversees the service provider(s) performance of the services agreed to by the master services agreement for consistency, with both the spirit and the letter of the agreement
- Oversees and monitors escalated service provider issues, change management processes, and escalation procedures
- Accountable for ensuring that early warning is provided to the appropriate leaders across the IT team regarding degraded or missed service levels
- Ensures timely resolution of escalated service delivery problems and minimizes the impact of any client service delivery issues
- Oversees CMMi, ISO9000 or similar metrics to demonstrate continuous improvement and alignment with the industry
- Defines and oversees service level reporting for the delivery functions
- Promotes projects’ adherence to the defined business case process and provides accurate and effective estimating and planning
- Accountable for business projects/portfolios, ensuring effective reporting within IT
- Ensures accuracy and effectiveness of estimating and planning management with team
- Ensures project reviews with IT teams, as appropriate
- Oversees business planning and demand management processes for Infrastructure
- Sets guidance and ensures IT standards and processes (i.e., IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
- Provides effective leadership in support of the IT organization including resourcing, budget, structure, and policies and procedures
- Sets guidance and ensures defined IT Governance decision rights, standards and practices
- Defines, manages, and continually improves service level reporting for IT Delivery
- Assists all IT teams with the preparation and monitoring of business/discipline and continent IT budgets
- Develops and enforces IT related client and corporate standards & policies, where necessary
- Creates vision, clear direction and strategy for the team
- Ensures successful processes and organizational structure of the Infrastructure Delivery team
- Establishes, manages and coaches team with clear objectives and performance expectations
- Attracts, motivates, develops and retains highly skilled associates
- Monitors and improves team efficiency, effectiveness and impact
- Leads and enables enterprise-wide thinking in the team
- Creates an environment that values employees and encourages cooperation, open communication and teamwork
- Serves as a role model by demonstrating a commitment to company values, high performance standards, workplace diversity, and driving results
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
- Developing Others - Plans and supports the development of others’ skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively; provides high visibility to individuals with potential; offers challenging assignments that build confidence and credibility and provides such individuals with a personal vision for their future.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Technical Intelligence - Knowledge and ability to identify technological opportunities and threats that could affect the future growth and survival of the business.
- Technology Life Cycle - Knowledge of the Life Cycle of technologies and how applications, infrastructure, and processes relate to these timelines.
- Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) - Knowledge of current and emerging Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) frameworks for computing environments required to deliver an IT system or software application to a customer (i.e. Networking, Hardware, Operating Systems, and enabling technologies such as Middleware and Databases).
- Advanced Scripts - Ability to generate and automate advanced scripts to manage infrastructure.
- IT Quality, Risk Management and Security - Knowledge of quality assurance, risk management, and security considerations, and their impact on overall technology environment.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Strategy Knowledge - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific strategic work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Fifteen (15+) years of infrastructure leadership experience with a minimum of five (5) years at a VP level
- Five years recent experience in current and emerging Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) frameworks for computing environments which are required to deliver an IT system or software application in a managed serviced environment
- Direct management of complex budgets in excess of $250M direct and indirect costs
- Direct management of cross-functional, sourced, or matrixed teams. Current IT Delivery organization includes approximately 550 FTEs and a number of service provider partners.
- Proven knowledge of ITIL v3 Framework
- Understanding of the quality assurance, risk management, and security considerations and their impact on overall technology environment
- Experience in networking, hardware, operating systems, cloud, and enabling technologies such as middleware and databases
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated success leading large-scale initiatives/transformations
- Proven executive experience in strategic planning and budgeting within one or more business groups with a Dev Ops and IT Service Management focus
- Experience with and knowledge of IT outsourcing activities in a managed services environment
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Strong process management, negotiating, influencing and problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in business systems and process planning
- Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and hospitality culture
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action
- Ability to understand and communicate the lifecycle of technologies and applications and to translate into business strategies for the client organizations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas in easy to understand business terms
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and leading in a managed service environment
- Graduate/post graduate degree