Payrolled Flex Staff (NE) - Sales Coordinator
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001E8L
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Education and Experience Preferred
• Strong preference for candidate with Starwood experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing, Guest Services, Front Desk or related professional area OR a 2 year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management
Other Preferred Qualifications Include:
• Experience in SFAWeb CI/TY system
• Experience in StarCite and C-Vent systems
• Experience in working with large group business
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects and Policies
• Complete lead entry of customer opportunities as requested by manager.
• Perform inventory search of hotel availability based upon customer request. Negotiate and leverage customers’ need, acting as a liaison between the account leader, properties, and Regional Sales Offices (RSOs).
• Match hotel need dates with customers’ needs – ensure an offering to each customer.
• Process all leads in a timely manner. Monitor, update and communicate lead status to appropriate parties.
• Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date lead response information in SFA and alternate information systems to ensure accurate reporting.
• Maintain open communication with managers, properties, RSO’s, and markets as needed regarding lead status.
• Assist manager in closing on business to ensure team and departmental goals are met.
• Run and organize necessary SFAWeb|CI/TY and other data source reports as requested
• Compose and update response grids and customer communications whenever necessary.
• Provide coverage for managers when needed, including assisting with customer needs, lead entry and any additional duties as requested.
• Complete other projects, reports and program coordination as assigned. Assist with additional office coverage whenever necessary.
Maintaining Business Goals
• Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date lead response information in SFAWeb|CI/TY and alternate information systems to ensure accurate reporting.
• Assist with the closing of business opportunities to ensure team and departmental goals are met.
• Generate and organize sales reports utilizing internal data systems (e.g. SFAWeb|CI/TY, MRDW).
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline/Functional Knowledge
• Use standard software applications such as MS Office, SFAWeb|CI/TY, MRDW, etc.
• Develop and maintain expertise in StarCite and C-Vent
• Act decisively to recover from mistakes. Know how to develop/propose/initiate solutions and when to involve a leader.
• Act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Contributing to Teams
• Navigate the MI organization to achieve collaboration by leveraging relationships and knowledge.
• Identify and cultivate relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
• Work effectively in a virtual team-based environment.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Express oneself clearly, concisely and effectively through written and verbal communications.
• Demonstrate flexibility by concurrently supporting multiple team members and/or projects.
• Approach opportunities with a positive, open-mind.
• Display creativity and innovation to identify opportunities to improve departmental processes and programs that will enhance team productivity and/or business results.
• Gain the confidence and trust of others through consistent demonstration of authenticity and ethical standards.
• Perform special projects and other duties, as assigned
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents Marriott in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
• Global Mindset - Supports associates and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures associates are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.