Project Purchasing Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001E6B
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Performs key purchasing responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner working independently on projects and is able to perform with minimal oversight (reports to Purchasing Manager) and is part of a Purchasing Team. May have up to one direct report. Is able to identify and resolve project issues and related risk.
- Supports the Purchasing Manager/Team by independently managing the material and service procurement process for specific assigned projects including key project deliverables with little review/oversight from the manager (owner communication, contract execution, forecasting, issue resolution and successful project completion and closeout). Identifies and mitigates potential financial risks.
- Works with vendors and contractors to ensure project schedule and budgets are achieved.
- Supports achievement of Procurement Team Sales/Project volume goals by independently managing projects.
- Owns customer relationship management with owners and owner reps for assigned projects.
- May create project quotations, submit to clients for approval and obtains/executes sales contract.
- Maintains strong knowledge of commodities (lead times, production scheduling and vendor capacity) as well as sourcing alternatives.
- Reviews product specifications and ensure they meet/exceed the brand standards.
- On assigned projects, functions as primary contact on more complex vendor/owner issues and disputes escalating major issues to purchasing manager.
- Obtains appropriate design/drawing approvals, samples and seaming diagrams and ensure adherence to code requirements.
- Reviews Bill of material changes as applicable on a project and ensures accuracy
- Completes project closeout in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete sample rooms with project managers, designers and owners.
- Provides attic stock recommendations and obtain owner/project manager approval.
- Completes contracts with non approved vendors if applicable.
- Ability to Travel
- Purchasing system knowledge
- Verbal, written communications skills
- Computer proficiency
- Proficient technical product knowledge
- Well organized
- Team Player and self-motivated
- Knowledgeable about innovation within the industry
- Strong business acumen
- Solid problem solving & creative solution skills
- Ability to build & maintain strong working relationships
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Strong organizational skills
- 4-year degree preferred or equivalent work experience within the industry.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in the hospitality design industry.