Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001E4Z
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Senior Accountant of Joint Venture Accounting is responsible for all aspects of accounting and analysis for Marriott’s lodging and corporate joint ventures, including mixed-use ventures. The position is responsible for producing financial information needed by various internal and external stakeholders to effectively manage the business and meet reporting obligations. Emphasis will be placed on underlying business processes and tools that produce accurate, timely, and complete results. This position is responsible for ensuring appropriate and complete documentation and maintenance of world class accounting processes related to Marriott’s joint venture portfolio. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Joint Venture Accounting.
CLS Expected Contributions and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Company’s interests in joint ventures (“JVs”) are properly accounted for and reported on the Company’s books, including converting local GAAP to US GAAP for international ventures.
- Ensure that reporting obligations to partners, lenders and other key stakeholders are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare year-end and preliminary audit schedules (PBCs) and footnote disclosures for the Marriott consolidated financial statement audit.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures to ensure accurate calculation and reporting of monthly actuals, monthly forecast and annual budgeting and long range plan for the joint venture portfolio.
- Assist in maintenance of data repository for each Joint Venture that includes all legal documents pertaining to the Joint Venture such as the partnership agreement and audited financial statements for each fiscal year.
- Ensure proper controls are in place to effectively manage the account reconciliations compliance (MIP-66) of the joint venture portfolio, including maintaining accurate and adequately supported account reconciliations for all the joint ventures.
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure compliance with financial terms of JV agreements. Examples include production of audited financial statements on a timely basis and declaration and payment of dividends.
- Assist with the accounting and analysis regarding minority interests in Marriott’s consolidated subsidiaries.
- Provide financial information to support business management in non-recurring transactions such as purchases and sales of equity interests.
- Utilize Essbase cubes and Hyperion Financial Reporting/Management to develop and maintain reports to assist in the financial reporting of JV results.
- Partner with multiple Marriott departments (Accounting Policy, Finance Business Partners, Asset Managers, and Legal) to ensure joint venture agreements include language which provides for receipt by Marriott of necessary financial information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Solid knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles. Experience with principles related to accounting for equity and cost method JV investments a strong plus.
- Experience with accounting in a multi-currency environment under multiple bases of accounting.
- Able to develop and maintain effective client relationships and promote a client service orientation that delivers customer results.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to articulate issues to a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure. Comfort with challenging status quo to improve effectiveness.
- At ease in an environment of change; supports, manages and initiates change within the organization.
- Capable of generating, improving, maintaining, and documenting processes, ensuring quality results.
- Minimum 2-3 years of progressive accounting experience, significant international accounting exposure a plus.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft software; specifically Excel and Word.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting required goals and deadlines.
- Positive attitude, flexible and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with peers, and all levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to develop alternatives and solutions.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, nVision and Hyperion Financial Reporting a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- CPA, MBA or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.