Assistant Cluster Director of Finance, North Cluster
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001DGJ
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Edinburgh Marriott Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Functions as the operational support role for the Cluster Director of Finance assisting in championing, developing and implementing Cluster-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property associates. The position assisting in providing the financial expertise to the Cluster and ensure that Marriott SOPs and MIPs are fully adhered to. Acts as a mentor and direct support and provides guidance for the on property Finance Managers. In addition, provides hand on support in the creation and execution of the Cluster business plans that are aligned with the properties and brand’s business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial results.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or equivalent preferred
• Previous Director of Finance experience strongly preferred
Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrated leadership ability and experience within multi property environment preferred
• Excellent verbal, writing, listening and presentation skills
• Excellent finance, accounting and analytical skills, including experience with cash management, forecasting, revenue management strategies, capital expenditure planning, budgeting and project management
• Extensive experience in owner relations, complex legal contracts and management agreements essential.
• Firm knowledge of internal controls
• Knowledge of hotel systems, use of systems and purchasing decisions, how systems help the company
• Experience in evaluating business trends and developing and implementing new business programs and strategies that enhance the financial performance in a complex environment.
• Interpersonal relationships skills for LPPs, manpower planning, decision making etc.
• Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
• Applied Business Knowledge - Understands market dynamics, enterprise level objectives, financial metrics, and important aspects of Marriott's business; skilled at using business knowledge to anticipate opportunities and risks.
• Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
• Building Strategic Working Relationships - Skilled at developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
• Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
• High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
• Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps Marriott's values and business strategy at the forefront of decision making and actions.
• Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
• Strategic Decision Making - Ability to gather and organize information relevant to a long-range goal or vision, develop alternative strategies, and execute a course of action to carry out strategy.
• Assist the Cluster team in driving balance scorecard results through strategies and activities to improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital and market share.
• Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence and guide the Finance Managers.
• Advises the Cluster DOF, Cluster GM and Cluster executive committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues and opportunities.
• Providing coverage to all hotels in the Cluster to fill vacancies, holiday cover and unexpected absences throughout the clusters.
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviours.
• Hands on assistance in the development of the annual operating budget for the Cluster properties.
• Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost sa