Senior Manager, Digital Marketing (Loyalty)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001CZA
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Senior Manager, Loyalty Digital Marketing will play a key role in creating the strategy, establishing key performance indicators, and executing digital marketing strategy for Marriott’s award-winning loyalty programs with more than 100 million members worldwide. The role will be a core member of the global marketing organization and the loyalty team driving strategy and execution for digital marketing tactics to deliver against loyalty and digital goals. In addition to other duties assigned, this role will lead and manage the strategy and execution of the comprehensive loyalty digital eco-system consisting of dedicated Marriott.com, SPG.com, 3rdparty websites, emerging media (i.e. chatbots) and other Marriott digital touch points. This role will also manage the strategy and execution of digital advertising in partnership with the Media Center of Excellence operating model. This role will report to the Senior Director, Loyalty Digital & Social Marketing and partner closely with key members of the loyalty marketing team, global marketing, creative and content studio, digital, iT, public relations, digital agencies, and the field/continental organizations. The role will manage several agency teams directly.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major and 4+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance;
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience in of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance
- 5-7 years of digital marketing
- College degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business or related field
- Knowledge and passion for loyalty and the travel space is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with digital marketing and advertising execution
- Demonstrated experience with developing, launching, managing website and mobile projects
- Demonstrated experience with digital campaign analytics and reporting
- Solid understanding of digital marketing trends and industry best practices
- Solid understanding of mobile platforms, devices and trends
- Experience or understanding of paid search, SEO, and website measurement and analytics
- Proven skill in working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g., brand marketing, digital, iT, global marketing, international) in support of specific business priorities
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Demonstrated experience and success in a highly matrixed cross functional organization
- Experience directly managing others
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy Internet speed-to-market requirements
- Team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
- Skilled at establishing effective relationships with internal and external partners
Leading strategy and execution of holistic digital initiatives:
- Responsible for crafting the strategy and prioritizing, managing, supporting and executing digital marketing initiatives (loyalty websites, paid media, search engine marketing, Marriott.com/SPG.com initiatives, field support) to support loyalty
- Work autonomously to author and drive digital strategy for loyalty initiatives while also providing strategic guidance for regional and hotel-level initiatives – if applicable
- Oversee and drive strategy and workflow of digital marketing and advertising campaigns supporting loyalty strategy
- Manage agency / freelance resources and oversee strategic initiatives related to digital strategy for loyalty
- Direct oversight of loyalty website strategy, optimizations, and day to day maintenance
- Manage Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards and SPG digital presence – Marriott.com, RCR.com, SPG.com
- Lead digital loyalty ecosystem work in partnership with Marriott.com product leads and Senior Director
- Partner with Digital product teams for loyalty positioning updates to Marriott.com/SPG.com
- Direct oversight of loyalty’s engagement and advocacy platform
- Responsible for the strategy, growth and adoption of loyalty’s chatbot/AI products
- Work with agency and internal partners to deliver creative assets such as digital display, video, social media assets, paid search ads, landing pages, etc.
- Oversee the writing, brand voice and content for loyalty digital channels
- Test new platforms, sites, partners and creative to enable loyalty programs to continue their leadership position as a digital innovator; work with PR to gain press coverage on innovations
- Manage digital marketing budget
- Provide regular direction and communication to internal Paid Search and SEO teams to maximize the performance of campaigns
- Partner with Measurement and Analytics team on digital dashboard creation, KPI definition and alignment, and regularly report out performance and learnings to key stakeholders and executive team
- Develop strong relationships with Marriott subject matter experts and channel leaders, agencies, media and distribution partners to cost-effectively maximize opportunities for loyalty while ensuring high-quality on-strategy creative is delivered
- Monitor and report out on industry best practices and competitive/landscape trends
- Liase with internal and external PR teams to ensure tight integration and holistic campaigns
- Create streamlined information for internal reports/audits/analysis of digital marketing performance (including but not limited to Marriott.com, SPG.com, and paid media) and well as create compelling marketing and reporting presentations
- Support and liaise with the continent and field organization globally on digital marketing best practices to ensure digital strategy alignment
- Keep digital marketing flowcharts/plans/budgets up to date
- Handle additional projects / functions as assigned
- Assist senior associates in achieving business results by:
- Identifying opportunities to enhance process
- Participate in annual planning sessions
- Achieving results within scope of responsibility
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
- Ensures the right jobs are in place to do the work.
- Looks for ways to better organize work and assign tasks.
- Continuously improves work processes.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to do the job.
- Models and coaches team on scope of decision‐making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate with team.
- Reinforces an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Models expectations for desired/required acceptable behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Develops direct reports by identifying needs and partnering on developmental plans.
- Supports recruitment efforts and builds relationships to attract top talent.
- Models and coaches others on making effective hiring decisions using available tools and processes.
- Ensures successful on‐boarding of new talent.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
- Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
- Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
- Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
- Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
- Adapts communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
- Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
- Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
- Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
- Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
- Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
- Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
- Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
- Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
- Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
- Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
- Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
- Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
- Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
- Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
- Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
- Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
- Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
- Manages disagreements among team members.
- Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
- Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
- Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
- Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
- Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.