Manager, Entity Reporting
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001AF0
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Europe Office - Eschborn, Eschborn-Frankfurt, Hessen VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Preparation and delivery of information required for the filing of the annual statutory accounts for varying entities within Europe, including the financial statements and the excel files containing the current years activity
Work with the company auditors and deliver the information required to perform the audits in a timely manner
Work with Tax team ensuring that all relevant taxes are recorded and reported
Recording journal entries as necessary
Reconcile Local accounting systems to Marriott’s Peoplesoft system, and ensure Local and Marriott ledgers are in balance
Use relevant computer programs to verify details of recorded transactions; conduct detailed examinations of cash receipts and disbursement vouchers, payroll records, requisitions, delivery notes, receiving reports and other accounting and operating documents to ascertain whether transactions are properly supported and are recorded correctly
Recommend ways to bring programs and operations into compliance with goals and objectives
Partner with Tax, Treasury Accounting Services, Corporate & Statutory Accounting, Treasury, Legal and all other interested parties
Assist with the quarterly Balance Sheet Reconciliation certification process (known as MIP66) for European entities
Partner with hotel Directors of Finance as appropriate
Maintain accurate and detailed working papers in the agreed standard format
Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Senior Manager
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Finance
- Knowledge of German GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations and accounting principles
- Ability to collect, analyse, and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft, Fidelio, Micros and additional systems used in the hotels preferred
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with external agencies, hotel management and associates
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- An ability to work unsupervised and manage time efficiently
- Fluent English
- Fluent German
- Qualified Accountant, or relevant Accountancy qualification
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and prioritization skills; high performance levels under tight deadlines.
- Good business process skills; ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- Able to develop and maintain effective client relationships and promote a client service orientation that delivers customer results.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to able to work in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates on technical accounting issues.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure. Comfort with challenging status quo to improve effectiveness.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity.
- Demonstrates an independent ability to research and analyze transactions and balances within a complex accounting system structure.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by management
- Complies with Marriott International policies and procedures
- The position may involve travelling and overnight stays as appropriate to cover responsibilities
- Working hours are as required to do your job but normally not less than 40 hours per week. This may involve some weekend work.