IT Business Analyst
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180019DR
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Assist in the execution and continuous improvement of standard processes to support Marriott’s service provider invoice management function. Ensures compliance with the service provider agreements and administers invoice management best practices. Communicates with service providers, IT departments, and business units to maintain and enhance invoice management and related processes including spend pool management, accounts payable processing, internal cost recovery and accrual reporting. Leverages technical expertise to streamline invoice management processes. Shares responsibility for planning and coordinating activities pertaining to service provider invoice management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in information technology
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certifications.
- 2+ years’ experience in Information Technology (IT) business analytics
- Must have the ability easily assimilate information and learn new applications and processes
- Organized and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Strong critical thinking, investigative problem-solving and decision-making talents
- Demonstrating an ability to learn and understand new subject matter quickly
- PM coursework/certification
- Experience in process development and documentation
- Exposure to ITIL
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Results-oriented with a proactive approach to resolving problems
- Experience in creating business presentations and communications documentation
- Experience with business process re-engineering and advanced knowledge of process flow charting
- Exposure to financial management
- Strong written and oral skills
- Ability to conduct research and support conclusions with data
- Proven ability to deal tactfully with customers and contractors
- Technical competence with management software or related systems
- Knowledge of current IT technologies and business applications
- Experience with Visual Basic or similar programming language
- Proven ability to deal tactfully with customers and contractors
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience with financial systems & reporting tools including Accounts Payable, Apptio, General Ledger Chart of Accounts, etc.
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Knowledge of VBA macros and SQL is a plus.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Service Provider Invoices
- Assist in receiving, reviewing, approving, and paying out all invoices issued by the Service Provider to have them validated and paid on time.
- Assist in handling disputed invoices, updating invoice requirements, resolving billing errors, as well as billing queries management.
- Assist in maintaining the database of AP billing codes for invoice payment.
- Assist in reporting on accruals for estimates and unpaid invoices.
- Verify that invoices are paid in the AP system and notify stakeholders.
- Review new contracts and ensure information is loaded in the appropriate tools.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Assist in receiving, reviewing, approving, and paying out all invoices issued by the Service Provider to have them validated and paid on time.
- Receive, schedule and facilitate periodic review of reports and supporting data.
- Provide innovative and actionable recommendations to improve service quality.
- Provide support for and backup on data analysis automation effort.
- Respond to, solve and make decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Utilize business knowledge and skills to enhance business process.
- Update and maintain process documentation.
- Manage ad hoc projects in support of service providers financial performance.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Troubleshooting — Determining causes of mechanical or technological operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines, computers, tools and other equipment, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Installation — Installing computers, software, equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Telecommunications — Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.