Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180018XY
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining iT Security risk management program. Establish risk and compliance related policies and procedures. Assess and recommend risk tolerance levels and conduct ongoing risk assessments.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent experience/certification
- 8+ years of information technology leadership experience
- Experience implementing, managing or governing security technologies, including encryption, network security, intrusion detection and digital forensics
- Experience in enterprise security risk management frameworks and processes
- Direct management of cross functional, sourced, or matrixed teams
- 3+ years of experience leading an information security organization
- Current information security certification, including Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Knowledge of IT security within an infrastructure environment
- Proven knowledge of SDLC; good understanding of ITIL v3 Framework
- Strong negotiating, influencing and problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in business systems and process planning
- Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and hospitality culture
- Ability to translate information security objectives into mutually beneficial business strategies for the client organizations
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action
- Deep understanding of IT financial structures and ability to manage to corporate financial practices and goals, including drivers of process cost
- Graduate/post graduate degree
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Security Risk & Compliance
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and reporting of security risks
- Oversees, evaluates, and supports the documentation, and validation processes necessary to assure that associates, information technology systems and business processes meet the organization’s information assurance, security, and privacy requirements. Ensures appropriate treatment of risk, compliance, and assurance of internal policies and external regulations.
- Manages and administers processes and tools that enable the organization to identify, document, and access intellectual capital and information content (e.g., policies, standards, processes and procedures).
- Conducts assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, determines deviations from acceptable configurations or enterprise or local policy, assesses the level of risk, and develops and/or recommends and operationalizes appropriate mitigation countermeasures.
- Provides sound advice and recommendations to leadership and staff on a variety of relevant topics within the pertinent subject domain. Advocates policy changes and makes a case on behalf of the company via a wide range of written and oral work products.
- Oversees the information assurance (IA) program of an information system in or outside the network environment; may include procurement duties.
- Create a compelling vision, clear direction and strategy for the team
- Generate enthusiasm and understanding of the information security vision and how each role contributes to the achievement of that vision
- Ensure capabilities are developed and resources are aligned to support the strategy
- Attract, motivate, develop and retain highly skilled leaders; champion and model leadership development
- Create and sustain a work environment that drives associate engagement and enables business success
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place and executed to drive collaboration and alignment within the team and with the broader IT organization
- Serve as a role model and ensure all information security leaders are visible and effective partners with IT counterparts, broader Marriott stakeholders, and service providers
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
- Developing Others - Plans and supports the development of others’ skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively; provides high visibility to individuals with potential; offers challenging assignments that build confidence and credibility and provides such individuals with a personal vision for their future.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Technical Intelligence: knowledge and ability to identify technological opportunities and threats that could affect the future growth and survival of the business.
- Technology Life Cycle: knowledge of the Life Cycle of technologies and how applications, infrastructure, and processes relate to these timelines.
- IT Systems: Knowledge of IT systems supporting the business including benefits, requirements, costs, justification, and operations.
- IT Resources: The ability to secure and manage IT resources to achieve business objectives (e.g., contracts, vendor relationships, financial accountability, portfolio management, information and resource planning) and measure project impact.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Strategy Knowledge - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specificstrategic work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.