Project Management Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180016NT
Job Category Global Design
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Support Project Directors at the corporate headquarters in delivery of quality project management services to Marriott hotel sites.
- Responsible for assisting Project Directors in the management of multiple projects as well as selected additional department projects. Assist Project Directors in delivering projects on schedule, within budget and to the quality standards required by the client.
- Assist Project Directors in developing and managing an overall project execution plan which focuses on problem identification and resolution, the delivery of cost effective and predictable results and the organization and administration of appropriate resources.
- Assist in the development of qualified bidders list of General Contractors.
- Assist in preparation and issuance of bid packages, contracts and material orders, change orders, and forecasts and monthly reports.
- Assist in review of payment requisitions, change order requests.
- Assist in development of project schedules; tracking and review of construction documents.
- Develop relationships with and provide constant and consistent communications to ownership, regional teams and properties.
- Communicate project-related issues and resolutions.
- Develop, execute and manage contracts in accordance with divisional contracting policies and corporate guidelines.
- Manage the construction of sample rooms both at headquarters and properties.
- Liaison with procurement to assure the accuracy of Bill of Materials and expeditious ordering and delivery of FF&E.
- Manage the contracts and assignments for consultant field project managers.
- Promote the development of both internal and external resources to meet the changing project requirements of the department.
- Market and actively support the products and services provided by Marriott International’s Global Design Division.
- Share best practices and lessons learned to promote continuous product and process improvement.
- 4 year degree (Construction Project Management, Engineering or Architecture) or equivalent experience/training.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in hospitality industry.
- Experience in the disciplines of architecture, estimating, interior design, product specification, procurement, construction management and accounting.
- Experience in lodging design, construction and/or renovation processes.
- Experience in managing the development of scopes of work, estimates of cost, bidding and contracting, procurement of materials, installations of services, financial and scheduling management associated with the renovation and/or conversion and/or construction of multiple lodging properties and owner relations.
- Knowledgeable about innovation within own industry.
- Strong business acumen.
- Basic problem solving skills.
- Ability to build & maintain strong working relationships.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, scheduling, project & database mgmt. software (e.g., Microsoft Project, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Adobe)