Senior Business Operations Analyst
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180014NQ
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Dubai Area Office, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Proactively supports with conducting the continent's month-end closing, operational reporting and analysis. Provide functional expertise to drive key finance initiatives in order to align execution and business results with the Continent's and Ml strategy, and create strong internal controls which minimize risk and safeguard company assets. Assures timely and accurate handling of all financial data; accurate and timely reporting to all stakeholders , and proactively supports department goals /visions and department standards as defined.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field; successful completion of intermediate accounting required. Minimum of three years financial management experience; hotel finance experience is a distinct advantage.
• Proficiency in Hyperion is a distinct advantage
• Project Management experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Supports the execution of reporting responsibilities for the lodging properties across all brands in the continent: business planning, budgeting and forecasting, LRP, operational analysis, cash management. receivables and working capital management, balance sheet, consolidations, financial reporting
• Develops and implement processes necessary to ensure accurate, timely and meaningful sharing of financial information to key stakeholders in continent and at Corporate HQ.
• Coordinate with Corporate HQ teams and counterparts across the continents to share best practices and leverage reporting/analysis across the continents: drives continuous enhancement of tools and reporting processes.
• Prepares and submits routine and ad-hoc financial reports and analysis to stakeholders including continent teams and properties in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines. Reports include month-end, business plans, forecasts , budgets and LRPs.
• Monitors and manages bridges or gaps between actual performance and budget and LRP for hotels and initiates necessary corrective actions and opportunities to leverage financial resources, drive benchmarking, productivity and profit optimization initiatives to achieve overall financial objectives.
• Identifies need and develops management reports to help monitor the business, most effectively analyze performance and facilitate management decision-making
• Conducts trend, cluster, and other financial analyses to help identify opportunities to enhance property, region, brand, and division results
• Assists in consolidating and developing reports and metrics of various other required operations data as needed. Supports the continent's leadership in preparing business update presentations
• Develops management reports to help monitor the business, most effectively analyze performance and facilitate management decision-making
• Champions reporting processes in the MEA Continent to driven innovation, effectiveness, and relevance of reporting.
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines are met.
• Promotes the documenting of project progress accurately.
• Provides input and assistance to other teams regarding projects .
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies:
• Manages and implements work and projects as assigned.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communicati on - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Strategy Execution - Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required. Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Customer Relationships • Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships ,
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work ob1ectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge 1n a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges .
o General Finance and Accounting-The ability to apply knowledge of local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (local GAAP). current company accounting policies and procedures, general accounting and financial reporting, auditing, and financial statement analysis to ensure proper dissemination of financial information
o Operations Accounting and Analysis-Knowledge of profit and loss statements and the ability to accurately plan for and forecast