The procurement activities are an important integral and strategic function to the business, and to support the continent’s continuous business growth, it is now looking for an experienced individual to engage in the hotels cluster procurement activities in leveraging of all purchases between hotels.
The individual tasks are identifying and tapping into direct supply channels from domestic and regional markets to manage the supply chain life cycle from sourcing, negotiation, contract management, supplier performance management, risk management, category management and fulfilment as delegated by the hotels GM, area director of finance and area Procurement Director.
Role and Responsibilities
• Execute all related cluster commercial sourcing & negotiation activities; and drive continuous performance improvements on quality and total cost performance.
• Adheres to Marriott standardized procurement Methodology with strong governance.
• Provides Procurement support to the business in the budgeting process for Singapore hotels cluster.
• Evaluates category Specific spend behaviours, gathering requirements as leveraging from Respective cluster disciplines.
• Provide advice and guidance to hotels on market sources, intelligence and trends.
• Plan and set respective procurement cluster yearly Management Business Objectives (MBO).
• Supervise the respective clusters procurement committee activities as per the requirement of the Marriott Procurement Asia Pacific.
o Cluster Procurement Champion-standing committee member
o Respective discipline leader-in terms of product
o Director of Finance
o Hotel Purchasing Managers
• Designs effective financial models for tender documentation, post tender analysis, logistics costs and other cost/volume modelling as required
• Collates periodical supplier performance management feedback.
• Individual stakeholder and vendor relationship management. Visit suppliers, stakeholders and sites as required.
• Ensures suppliers logistics and inventory processes are aligned with the business operating model.
• Undertakes supplier negotiations within delegation across multiple categories.
• Prepare a detailed assessment of returned quotations to ensure compliance, likeness with alternatives and make recommendation.
• Assist in the development of and apply best practice systems for the supply chain including freight forwarding, shipping, warehousing, courier management, inventory management, reporting, shipment tracking visibility and KPls.
• Comply with the Marriott standards of an ethically and responsible procurement practices.
• Build high quality relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensure all health, safety, quality and environmental standards and legislation are strictly met, ensuring a safe environment for associates, customers, and all stake holders.
• Negotiate contracts on local level and inform hotels about new contracts.
• Organize cluster meetings, conduct procurement audits, track hotel compliance and follow-up.
• Degree/Diploma in purchasing business studies or with commerce background.
• Strong knowledge of hotel market in the respective continent.
• Proven communication skills and self-driven.
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• At least 5 years of procurement experience across multiple categories of spend in the hospitality industry.
• Flexible and willing to travel for business (up to 20% of total time).
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?