Senior Program Specialist - Loyalty Program Marketing
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001060
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
This Senior Program Specialist, Loyalty Program Marketing is responsible for helping to execute strategic marketing plans across key consumer touchpoints in support of Loyalty – from ongoing member communications programs to the launch of new program initiatives. This individual inspires and engages our 100M members around the world with a member-centric mindset and by bringing the latest marketing insights and innovations into the Loyalty Marketing organization. This person also supports the Bethesda based Loyalty Marketing team through on-going coordination of event/meeting planning, invoice management and ensuring the day to day operations of the team runs smoothly.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience as a program specialist or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience as a program specialist or related professional area.
Core Member Communications & Loyalty Initiative Launches
- Implements creative, best in class marketing practices to engage members and differentiate Loyalty within the industry.
- Manages the execution and evolution of core member communications including but not limited to statements, new member onboarding, elite member onboarding, and member credentials/cards.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external Loyalty marketing agency resources to execute projects on schedule and on budget.
- Tailors and localizes Loyalty member communications to meet Continent and Brand needs.
- Suggests new ideas and marketing programs that will drive increased engagement and incremental revenue.
- Implements test and learn curriculum and evaluates campaign performance to optimize results.
- Monitors the industry and competitive marketplace to identify marketing opportunities and improvements.
- Provides marketing and communications support for Loyalty pilots.
- Concepts marketing plans and develops creative assets to support operational needs (e.g. helping with soft-spot demand generation).
- Organizes team meetings and team outings – including drafting agendas, reserving rooms, ordering catering, brainstorming creative components.
- Oversees team recognition activities – company milestones, birthdays, key accomplishments, life events, etc.
- Coordinates calendar requests with senior leaders as needed.
- Helps facilitate paperwork, processing and approvals for invoices, purchase orders, etc. as requested.
- Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions
- and priorities change which may include learning new skills
- Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
- Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position
- Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
- Actively listens to others recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
- Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
Job Related Business Focus
- Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction and financial success
- Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
- Respects fellow associates
- Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
Planning & Organizing
- Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues
- impacting the plan
- Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail‐oriented, maximizes resources,
- meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
- Identifies problems and seeks resolution through sound judgment and solid decision making skills, where appropriate
- Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
- Works well in a team environment
- Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
- Gives recognition, collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully, promotes celebration when appropriate
- Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position.
- Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, timely,
- professionally and accurately
- Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and
- professional skills needed to perform job duties
- Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively