Director, Digital & Social Marketing - The Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, and Bulgari
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000Y8T
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director, Brand Digital & Social Marketing for The Ritz Carlton and St. Regis will play a key role in developing the digital & social strategy designed to drive performance for Marriott’s classic luxury portfolio of brands. The role will be a core member of the global marketing organization and an integral part of the assigned brand marketing teams. The director will oversee a team assigned to execute digital & social strategy for our classic luxury portfolio which includes brand extensions for Ritz Carlton Reserve, Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection, as well as BVLGARI Hotels. The Director and his/her team are responsible for the planning and execution of digital and social media marketing activities that deliver against brand marketing and digital goals and meet or exceed key performance indicators. The role oversees digital marketing content strategy, social media marketing, as well as strategic influencer activations.
The Director will partner with brand marketing to plan all digital & social related activities and prioritize based on goals, performance, budget, and priorities. He/She will lead and oversee the digital content strategy and execution of the comprehensive brand digital eco-system consisting of dedicated brand websites, brand social media channels, and other digital touchpoints across Marriott.com, SPG.com, and more. The Director will oversee the planning and strategy of social media experiences spanning brand and hotel level on key platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and others supporting the brand’s overarching strategies (i.e awareness, engagement, etc). This role will oversee the strategic use of influencers to enhance brand goals and launch successful activations that drive performance within digital and social channels. The Director partners across the global center media of excellence to ensure digital & social marketing experiences are supported within the brand’s overall marketing plan. This role will report to the Senior Director, Brand Digital & Social Marketing – Luxury Brands and partner closely with key members of the luxury brand team, global marketing, creative and content studio, digital marketing, public relations, digital agencies, key hotel stakeholders, and the field/continental organizations.
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- 5-7 years of digital marketing and social media marketing
- Knowledge and passion for luxury and travel space is strongly encouraged
- Demonstrated experience with digital marketing and advertising strategy and execution
- Demonstrated experience with developing, launching, managing website and mobile projects
- Demonstrated experience with Social Media marketing, monitoring, management, content and advertising
- Demonstrated experience with social media influencer programs
- Demonstrated experience with digital campaign analytics and reporting
- Solid understanding of digital marketing trends and industry best practices
- Solid understanding of mobile platforms, devices and trends
- Experience or understanding of paid search, SEO, and website measurement and analytics
- Proven skill in working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g., brand marketing, digital, global marketing, international) in support of specific business priorities
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Demonstrated experience and success in a highly matrixed cross functional organization
- Managerial experience
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy Internet speed-to-market requirements.
- Team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
- Skilled at establishing effective relationships with internal and external partners
Digital and Social Media Marketing:
Leading brand planning efforts, overseeing strategy and execution of holistic digital and social initiatives:
- Responsible for partnering with brand marketing to plan digital & social marketing efforts that support brand and digital goals.
- Responsible for designing a strategy and prioritizing, managing, supporting and executing digital marketing strategy initiatives (brand website, social media, paid media, search engine marketing, Marriott.com/SPG.com initiatives, field support) to support the brands.
- Work autonomously to author and drive digital/social strategy for brand initiatives while also providing strategic guidance for regional and hotel-level initiatives – if applicable.
- Oversee and drive strategy and workflow of digital marketing and advertising campaigns supporting the digital brand strategy.
- Manage agency / freelance resources and oversee strategic initiatives related to digital and social strategy for the brands they support.
- Direct oversight of brand website strategy, optimizations, and day to day maintenance
- Lead digital brand ecosystem work in partnership with Marriott.com product leads and Senior Director.
- Partner with Digital product teams for brand positioning updates to Marriott.com/SPG.com hotel websites
- Work with agency and internal partners to deliver creative assets such as digital display, video, social media assets, paid search ads, emails, landing pages, on-site promotional placements
- Oversee brand social media content creation, approval of editorial calendar, and influencer programs implemented by agency or in house.
- Oversee social media monitoring, advertising, promotions/contests and other activations implemented by agency or in house.
- Oversee the writing, brand voice and content for brand level social media and digital channels.
- Oversee agencies and/or social media writers for each brand.
- Oversee development of the Social Media Playbook for hotels/field/agencies and lead calls related to this content
- Oversee influencer strategy and leverage best practices across the team.
- Manage digital/social marketing budget
- Provide regular direction and communication to internal Paid Media COE and SEO teams to maximize the performance of campaigns.
- Partner with Measurement and Analytics team on digital dashboard creation, KPI definition and alignment, and regularly report out performance and learnings to key stakeholders and executive team
- Consult with brand marketing leads on branded content (video series, brand films, etc) initiatives and in some cases lead them.
- Liaise with Marriott content studio to collaborate on influencer, MLive, and content creation where relevant.
- Liaise with internal social media teams to collaborate on best practices and customer care integration.
- Develop strong relationships with Marriott subject matter experts and channel leaders, agencies, media and distribution partners to cost-effectively maximize opportunities for the brand while ensuring high-quality on-strategy creative is delivered.
- Monitor and report out on industry best practices and competitive/landscape trends
- Liaise with internal and external PR teams to ensure tight integration and holistic campaigns.
- Create streamlined information for internal reports/audits/analysis of digital marketing performance (including but not limited to Marriott.com, SPG.com, Brand Website, Social media, Paid Media, Search) and well as create compelling marketing and reporting presentations
- Support and liaise with the field organization and other team members on digital/social marketing best practices to ensure digital strategy alignment.
- Work with the hotels, field organization and agency partners to ensure local level social media is implemented and on strategy, ongoing communication will be critical
- Keep digital marketing flowcharts/plans/budgets up to date
- Handle additional projects / functions as assigned
- Assist senior associates in achieving business results by:
- Identifying opportunities to enhance process
- Provide training and guidance to field
- Participate in annual planning sessions
- Achieving results within scope of responsibility
- Builds credibility with others and encourages strong working relationships.
- Creates a work environment in which others feel comfortable sharing thoughts and feedback.
- Shows awareness of how own behavior impacts others and the work environment.
- Encourages others to work together.
- Models and empowers others to anticipate and respond to customer/stakeholder preferences and feedback.
- Clearly explains policies in ways that create strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder satisfaction and takes appropriate action.
- Resolves customer/stakeholder issues and concerns raised by others.
- Creates an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Models and coaches others on representing the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
- Looks for and uses ideas and opinions from diverse sources.
- Attracts, develops, and retains a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Gives all associates the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Organizes activities that promote inclusion.
- Maintains an awareness of changing customer/stakeholder and associate characteristics.
- Ensures the right jobs are in place to do the work.
- Looks for ways to better organize work and assign tasks.
- Continuously improves work processes.
- Brings together the appropriate mix of associate knowledge and skills to do the job.
- Models and coaches team on scope of decision‐making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate with team.
- Reinforces an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Models expectations for desired/required acceptable behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Develops direct reports by identifying needs and partnering on developmental plans.
- Supports recruitment efforts and builds relationships to attract top talent.
- Models and coaches others on making effective hiring decisions using available tools and processes.
- Ensures successful on‐boarding of new talent.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Communicates to others why change is happening and how it impacts their work.
- Models flexibility when managing multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Provides resources that help others deal with change and challenges.
- Adjusts team and own priorities when experiencing change or challenges.
- Determines how change impacts stakeholders and communicates concerns to leadership.
- Clearly presents complex information using different methods.
- Adapts communication style based on the audience.
- Demonstrates active listening to ensure understanding.
- Models and coaches others on appropriately interpreting verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
- Models and coaches others on displaying professionalism and gaining respect from others.
- Identifies issues and makes suggestions to solve complex problems affecting daily work.
- Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts.
- Looks for and shares information with others before making a decision.
- Models and coaches others on identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions.
- Involves and gains agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Makes complex decisions and works with others to implement solutions in reasonable amount of time.
- Sets own career goals and identifies developmental areas for self and others.
- Uses resources and challenging assignments to improve performance of self and others.
- Gathers, shares, and uses information about industry and discipline trends and best practices.
- Budgets for training to support associate development, as applicable.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for professional growth.
- Ensures others understand how their work impacts property and team performance.
- Coaches others on the drivers of performance and their impact on key business and property metrics.
- Shows an understanding of how different customer/stakeholder groups have different revenue potential.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve, productivity, customer/stakeholder satisfaction, and profitability.
- Maintains advanced technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Demonstrates and shares expertise in policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manages and completes complex technical assignments and coaches others on solving advanced technical issues.
- Demonstrates and reinforces technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
- Promotes teamwork by explaining how each associate supports shared goals.
- Builds commitment to team goals by explaining how they support department and property success.
- Works with team members to solve issues and make decisions that impact them.
- Manages disagreements among team members.
- Recognizes department, team, and individual achievements.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Makes sure others understand performance expectations.
- Sets and tracks goal progress for self and others.
- Monitors the work of others to ensure it is completed on time and meets expectations.
- Breaks down barriers so team members can accomplish their work.
- Prioritizes group activities based on importance, urgency, and impact to goals.
- Manages team workload and delegates assignments appropriately.
- Ensures team members have the equipment, materials, and other resources needed to accomplish their work.
- Avoids conflicts when setting project timelines and communicates key milestones and deadlines to others.