Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000Y5L
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Dubai Area Office, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for coordinating the revenue management functions (pricing, forecasting, competitive assessments, etc.) and inventory strategy for hotels supported by the Middle East and Africa Continent Remote Revenue Management Team. Ensuring hotels are priced appropriately and that inventory is allocated and restricted properly to ensure that revenue and profit are maximized.
Responsible for understanding and communicating Revenue Management philosophies as they pertain to strategies. Communicate and educate the hotels on proper pricing, competitive positioning and restrictions and leading the weekly strategy meeting to communicate room strategies.
· Aligns Strategy and Market Trends - Updating market knowledge and aligning strategies and approaches accordingly.
· Monitoring Actual vs. Projected Sales - Compiling information, analyzing and monitoring actual sales against projected sales.
· Demonstrating Leadership - Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Achieving/Exceeding Goals - Achieving and exceeding goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
· Facilitating Strategy Meetings – Facilitating meetings to communicate and update the room strategy of the hotel to optimize revenue and profit.
· Analyzing Data or Information - Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
· Developing Objectives and Strategies - Establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
· Executing on a Strategy - taking a predetermined strategy and driving the execution of that strategy.
· Demonstrating Knowledge - Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
· Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Interacting With Computers - Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
· Meeting the Needs of Key Stakeholders - Understanding and meeting the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
· Communicating Information Timely - Informing and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
· Exploring Business Opportunities - Exploring opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenging existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
· Generating and Delivering Accurate and Timely Results - Generating and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
· Provides revenue management functional expertise to property general managers, leadership teams and market sales leaders.
· Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
· Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
· Prepares sales strategy meeting agenda, supporting documentation.
· Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
· Communicates proactively with properties regarding rate restrictions and strategy.
· Manages room’s inventory to maximize hotel room’s revenue.
· Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
· Maintains accurate reservation system information.
· Supports cluster selling initiatives by working with all reservation centers.
· Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine, implement and control selling strategies.
· Checks distribution channels for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning.
· Analyzes month end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
· Generates updates on transient segment each period.
· Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
· Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships in a proactive manner.
· Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
· Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels.
· Promotes and protects brand equity.
· Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
· Attends (virtually) staff/forecast/long range meetings as requested by properties.
Education and Experience
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
· 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
Skills and Knowledge
· Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
· Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
· Job Specific Computer Skills - Using computer hardware and software specific to job (e.g., MARSHA, One Yield, HPP, PMS, MRDW, SFA, Opera S&C).
· Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
· Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Revenue Management - Knowledge of total hotel revenue management concepts, processes and strategies (including sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing, and inventory management).
· Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
· Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
· Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
· Aligning Performance for Success - Skilled at focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
· Building a Successful Team - Skilled at building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
· Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
· Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
· Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
· High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
· Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
· Problem Solving / Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.