Sales Manager, National Sales, Mumbai
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000XZ4
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location India Area Office, Mumbai, Maharashtra VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Manages and/or provides dedicated account management support to a targeted portfolio of national accounts. Builds and maintains business relationships with key buyers by applying the principles of strategic account management to achieve account market share goals across all Marriott lodging brands in the market. Develops strong partnerships with buyers for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving national account sales for all properties. Leverages Marriott’s products and services as a team member within their assigned account portfolio. Responsible for increasing Marriott’s preference, loyalty and profitable share within assigned national accounts and contribute to overall National Sales Team success through the direct sales efforts of revenue generation and value creation. Executes the overall account strategy for assigned national accounts to generate and maximize business.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant sales and marketing experience.
• Relevant university or college qualification or degree.
• Total Account Management experience.
• Hospitality sales experience.
• English language, written and spoken.
• Local language, written and spoken.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The role of the Sales Manager, National Sales is to support the National Sales Team vision and mission by executing transactional sales excellence.
Sales and Account Management
• Execute sales strategy to achieve account goals.
• Retains, expands and grows account revenue of assigned accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
• Penetrates assigned accounts for group and transient, as well as exploring opportunities for extended stay and catering sales business.
• Identifies and aggressively solicits new accounts in coordination with any relevant Sales and Marketing.
• Qualify potential accounts and re-qualifies existing accounts with accuracy.
• Demonstrates benefits of total account management and team-based sales.
• Develops opportunity sales plan with actionable steps to attain revenue goals.
• Identifies key purchase points and decision-makers that influence the “buy” decision.
• Maintains account information in Opera Sales and Catering to ensure accurate and up-to-date account reporting.
• Qualifies each business opportunity and recommend Marriott products that match both the customer needs as well as the hotel’s business needs. Suggest positive alternatives whenever necessary.
• Leverages appropriate sales and property Leadership to ensure account saturation, pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Assumes responsibility for proactive account, segment or regional sales.
• Supports data gathering, reporting & tracking functions.
• Understands traditional industry processes (pricing, RFPs, proposals, etc)
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building an Account and loyalty to Marriott International.
• Relates customer needs to product capabilities.
• Works with Revenue Management to support account strategy in-market.
• Builds and strengthens accounts with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings, including sales calls, entertainment, familiarization (‘fam’) trips, trade shows, etc.
• Pursues initiatives to capitalize on strengths and market opportunities, and to counter competitive threats.
• Anticipates and quickly seizes opportunities not obvious to others to build customer satisfaction.
• Delivers on commitments to customers.
• Delivers value-added products and services to create long term customer loyalty.
• Focuses on two-way communication to ensure win-win relationship is maintained.
• Serves as the account’s “local service guarantee” by ensuring that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers’ 100% satisfaction.
• Understands the overall market dynamics - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell to assigned accounts. Act as the customer’s advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities. Identify emerging business opportunities and risks within assigned accounts and provide feedback to key stakeholders (i.e. property Leadership).
• Resolve guest issues that arise in the sales process effectively and brings issues to the attention of property leadership, as appropriate.
• Uses knowledge of Marriott’s operations, its markets and competitors to promote dialogue and enrich customer interactions.
Market Integration & Team Participation
• Ensures account sales strategies are communicated, implemented and updated as market conditions fluctuate.
• Facilitates educational opportunities that enhance credibility and integration between the National Sales Team and internal stakeholders.
• Identifies and cultivate relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
• Participates with account team in market pull-through activity.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed. Building Relationships
• Coworker and Stakeholder Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships. Works effectively participating in a ‘virtual’ team-based environment.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards. Can effectively articulate the financial benefits of a proposal as it pertains to the customer’s business objectives.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential. Delivers on commitments to customers, supervisors and peers.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives. Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others. Collects and analyzes key information about the customer’s business and/or operation. Keeps up-to-date on, and leverages available resources to meet the objectives of Marriott/Account initiatives.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations. Negotiates terms and conditions, commitments, and customer issues that balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business. Knows the strengths and weaknesses of competitors; leverages strengths and counters competitive threats.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct. o Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts including principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services as well as marketing strategies and tactics.
- Analysis - The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data to make inferences and recommendations. Included is the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data.
- Research - Skill in collecting information from a variety of sources relating to market data, historical cycles, travel and tourism trends, and real estate market dynamics. The ability to know when to seek addition information and where to look to find it.
- Computer Skills - The willingness to learn and ability to use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information or to execute programs and analyses. This includes the ability to enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball.
- Economics and Finance - Knowledge of economic principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Revenue Management - Understanding of revenue management concepts, processes and strategies such as average daily rate, revenue per available room, sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management.
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Delivers clear, evenly paced presentations and tailors message to appropriate audience.
Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.