Manager of Reservations Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000VNU
Job Category Reservations
Location Miami Gbl Resv Sls & Cust Care, Doral, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Center normally functions on a seven day per week basis. Managers may be required to work different shifts and schedules to accommodate the changing demands of business, including Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays. The number of days worked each week may be adjusted to meet the changing demands of business, which may require working more or less than fifty hours in a week.
Safety and Security
- Be aware of existing accident prevention and safe work practice programs in the center; work in a manner free from unsafe acts, and create a safe environment in which others may work. This includes having all team members comply with ergonomic safety requirements.
- Maintain a clean, neat, well organized work place free from clutter which projects a professional atmosphere and which supports the general goals of the department and Marriott which is to be a preferred employer and a provider of a desirable work place.
- Follow office procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and safety/security personnel.
Policies and Procedures
- Use Current Best Methods, Marriott International Standard Operating Procedures, and any Local Standard Operating Procedures as a guide to the standards and practices which are to be followed by all associates in the Sales Department. Ensure that questions may be correctly answered, problems may be resolved, and compliance with all laws and company policies may be insured.
- Maintain constant communication with team members individually and as a group (critique progress, review center objectives, provide feedback, suggest and support new strategies).
- Act as a liaison between the customer and the property in assisting to resolve booking issues and answer questions.
- Seek awareness of and communicate operation changes/Marriott promotions/ any other issues to all Reservation Sales customers/guests.
Working with Others
- Lead a team of associates whose primary objective is to be available to answer calls from Marriott customers/guests about making reservations at Marriott properties.
- Be willing to train and to instruct other members of the department and the operation by passing along skills and information to assist them in their development and advancement.
- Provide clear direction and priorities to clarify roles and responsibilities, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
- Be familiar with other functions required of the Reservation Sales Department and be able to fill in if necessary.
- Write and issue progressive counseling statements, discipline, and PAFs in a timely manner as warranted.
- Serve as “Manager On Duty”.
- Respond sensitively to the needs and feelings of others regardless of status or position, to accept interpersonal differences to maintain rapport. Customer Care & Sales Manager of Reservation Sale
- Create and implement recognition programs that highlight and encourage strong performance and good behavior of team members.
- Use all resources to effectively train all customers/guests to use the Marriott Sales Process.
- Research and resolve any payroll, scheduling, and attendance issues for team members.
- Conduct and participate in all departmental meetings.
- Assist in providing team orientation to new associates within their first thirty days.
- Serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the Reservation Center. This assignment shall be at the discretion of the Operations Manager or the General Manager.
- Maintain an attitude and commitment to provide excellent service to all business partners and associates. Respond sensitively to the needs and feelings of others, regardless of status or position; accept interpersonal differences and maintain a constructive rapport with all associates and customers/guests.
- Perform a variety of other duties the associate is capable of performing as directed.
- Maintain a tradition and attitude of providing excellent service to all customers/guests and associates in the center which will, in turn, support their efforts to provide excellent customer service to customers/guests and to other associates of Marriott Reservations.
- Achieve continuous team improvement in conversion, calls per hour and revenue per call, while continuously focusing on meeting and exceeding goals set for the calls answered percentage.
- Help create an ongoing effort to improve the center through personal actions and by contributing ideas to support both the department’s and the center’s improvement effort.
- Understand the Center as a business. Strive to meet the requirements of the operation, maintaining the service and the quality levels the Center has set for itself. Responsible for all operational budgetary performance of the department.
- Regularly monitor team associates, as outlined in expectations, for quality assurance and associate development.
- Act independently to analyze problems and to formulate plans to overcome challenges to get work done quickly with a high degree of quality. Make sound and logical decisions and to choose appropriate course of action based on the parameters of the situation at hand while using problem solving tools.
- Effectively promote cross selling of properties.
- Analyze Performance Reports and Daily Statistics. Implement performance driven strategies to accomplish team goals.
- Continuously bench mark against “Best of Class” service organizations to understand best practices of enviable operations.
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment, handling multiple priorities simultaneously. Ability to deal with situations of a dynamic nature, such as modifying plans/actions/decisions under constantly changing circumstances
- Ability to provide clear direction and priorities in day to day contact with individuals, as well as with a group of people
- Ability to clearly express oneself verbally in the English language, using proper grammar, vocabulary, eye contact, and voice inflection with all associates and customers/guests.
- Ability to clearly and effectively express oneself through written means; to properly use such technical factors as grammar, punctuation, broad vocabulary and correct spelling. Ability to prepare business letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Maintain a professional appearance with an outgoing, people-oriented personality. Convey an attitude of pride in working for Marriott International. Be constantly willing to assist others.
- Ability to effectively present information in front of a group of people.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of and regular use of a time management process which entails effective task performance by planning and prioritizing. Completion of a formal time management class or workshop is preferred.
- Demonstrated professional growth in previous positions.
- Prior experience providing direction and defining priorities to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Understand how to manage in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate MARSHA/Merlin computer systems.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate Microsoft software programs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide common decimal numbers; ability to compute percentages; basic knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Practical experience in operating office machinery such as: multi-line telephones, copy machines, fax machines, desk top computers and their associated printers.
- Ability to read (by sight or Braille) operating procedures, forms memoranda, journals, and machine instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret financial reports preferred.
- Working knowledge of Marriott Brands.
- Ability to communicate and build rapport with properties.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 4 year College Degree preferred.
- Twelve month’s experience in a customer service or sales environment.
- Twelve to eighteen months of supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Above average performance rating (2 or higher) on last performance appraisal
- Proven record of willingness to contribute to the success of center initiatives (Spirit To Serve Functions, etc.) and a positive role model for peers and others.