Manager, Field Marketing Account Management (Florida-Based, ideally Orlando/Tampa)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000VDE
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Account Manager is responsible for the development of strategic marketing initiatives that leverage Marriott’s marketing engine, pull the marketing message from Marriott International, Loyalty and brand down to the property level while addressing the unique business needs for each hotel in their portfolio. This position reports to the Senior Account Manager and entails managing and maintaining on-going relationships with properties and owners while working closely with Marketing Knowledge Experts (KE) to verify Marketing initiatives are being executed at the property and organizational levels in partnership with the Centers of Excellence (COE). Serves as the primary point of contact for a collection of hotels for Brand, Marketing and Digital (BMD) needs. Designs customized annual marketing and implementation plans for each assigned property, including setting key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels utilized to reach goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• College (University) degree in Marketing, Hospitality Management, or related field preferred.
• MBA or similar advanced degree a plus.
• 2+ years managerial experience.
• Prior experience in the field of marketing or marketing services support, digital marketing and social media experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to define success metrics blending awareness and tactical ROI initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to balance the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders.
• Hotel property experience, hotel field marketing experience, or related preferred.
• Understands brand and marketing strategies and their application to the supported markets and its consumers.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Serves as the primary BMD point of contact for a collection of hotels.
• Develops customized annual marketing strategies that address a hotel’s business goals by leveraging Marriott’s marketing engine; pulling through the marketing message from Marriott International, Loyalty and the brands to the property level.
• Monitors implementation of plans for each assigned property, including setting key marketing goals and identifying key marketing channels that will be utilized to reach those goals.
• Communicates with property points of contact and above property support teams to:
o Gather input related to business needs and opportunities throughout planning process and ongoing optimization process;
o Report on strategy results; and
o Recommend approaches addressing the hotel’s (or destination’s) changing business needs.
• Communicates best practices and collaborates with other Field Marketers, leveraging BMD communication and collaboration tool while maintaining accurate hotel marketing information within hotel’s Property Portal (i.e., StarForce).
• At a minimum of once per quarter, reviews hotel performance, business/economic trends and updates marketing plans (otherwise as needed).
• Verifies strategies meet the marketing needs of all the brands for the supported hotels and pull through new marketing programs/products/services to validate successful, brand appropriate local implementation.
• Understands owner expectations and partners with Portfolio Account Managers (when applicable); develops effective marketing solutions that meet these expectations while also creating value for both owners and Marriott International.
• Completes relevant brand training and develops a thorough understanding of the lodging business (e.g., hotel operation, industry drivers, challenges, competitors, MI’s position in the global marketplace), specializing in the brands within their portfolio, to identify cutting edge marketing trends that unveil growth opportunities.
• Manages the hotel’s Field Marketing budget and provides budget guidance to property leadership on regularly scheduled strategy calls; determining the most effective allocation of marketing dollars.
• Leads monthly strategy calls and/or meetings for Premium Account Management hotels and quarterly calls for Lite Account Coordination hotels.
• Partners with sales, revenue and operations hotel leaders to validate that they are actively participating and contributing in relevant strategy discussions (i.e., sales strategy meetings).
• Collaborates with Destination Account Manager(s) to support Online Travel Agency initiatives.
• Works with COEs, KEs and other MI teams to execute key marketing and digital activities, adhering to marketing planning and implementation processes.
• Meets or exceeds annual hotel engagement survey goals.
• Submits coordinator assignments with priorities and timelines to meet and/or exceed hotel expectations; manages coordinators and any other BMD support personnel, as assigned, and verifies quality of work.
• Shares quantitative view on how various channels/activities support business objectives (e.g., anticipated ROI per channel), along with business insights; sets goals/targets through the delivery of monthly and quarterly FM reports, supporting hotel’s KPIs.
• Supports determination of KPIs and specific goals for properties, monitors progress against those goals and provides reports and information about progress.
• Develops an understanding of unique customer segment interests and buying patterns; finds relevant research and information to remain current, especially related to segments relevant to supported hotels.
• Develops extensive knowledge of COE capabilities; manages the timeliness and quality of all COE deliverables.
• Serves as a brand guardian for brands within assigned hotel portfolio.
• Develops an understanding of how to promote hotels using applicable loyalty program and redemption models.
• Educates hotel and regional leadership about marketing strategy, best practices, and policies/procedures to validate adherence to and adoption of regional guidance.
• Educates GMs and owners on brand, marketing and digital topics and trends; sharing MI’s point of view.
• Identifies opportunities for expanding marketing opportunities/services for a given property; shares value of expanded marketing opportunities/services with property leadership; includes ROI analyses for marketing opportunities/services.
• Partners with Sales, Revenue Management and Operations hotel leaders to confirm they are actively participating and contributing in relevant strategy discussions (i.e., sales strategy meetings).
• Documents all interactions with hotels, i.e., planning meetings, presentations, review of results in the preferred data base (i.e., Starforce).
• Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
• Responds to ad-hoc requests.