Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000V6A
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for the delivery of high quality engineering support services to business units within Global Design, Lodging, Development, Operations, Brand, Lodging Engineering, Risk Management, Ownership, and various other Marriott businesses.
- Focus on day-to-day activities and short-term planning for project or department work.
- Actively listen and ask questions of customers to assess the level of satisfaction with the service being provided and to prevent problems from occurring. Regularly monitor customer satisfaction and take personal responsibility to ensure it. Follow through on customer inquiries, requests, and complaints in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain independent relationships with customers; anticipate needs of customers; negotiate work deliverables and timing for small initiatives.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Decision maker for standard/routine issues or problems; determine and propose alternative solutions for more complex issues and problems; however, decision is made at a higher level.
- Communicate orally and in writing to customers; extensive writing required.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Senior Director of Engineering regarding projects.
- Ensure that information requirements for outside owners, internal customers and franchisees are met on a timely basis.
- Assist in the building of team core values of integrity, accountability, respect and value.
- Remain current with emerging technologies, national codes and other building/operating regulations, and best methods for mechanical and electrical building systems.
- Assist in promoting strategic partnerships with other departments and divisions.
- Perform “Quality Assurance” and if necessary “Quality Control” of various MEP issues during the design, construction, and post-occupancy of various building projects.
- Design reviews involve validation of Marriott criteria, system performance, equipment selection, constructability, maintainability, utility analysis, building code conformance, smoke control, value engineering, and phasing & sequencing.
- Construction support services include bid review and analysis, MEP projects control functions (change order analysis, schedule impacts), cost reduction assessment (opportunities, risk analysis), claim & litigation avoidance, submittal reviews, field surveillance, measurement & verification, start-up & testing, transition planning (construction to operations), project closeout administration.
- Provide Facility Engineering support including self-performance of the following services.
- Warranty inspections.
- Condition assessment surveys.
- Capital improvement programming, energy conservation analysis including building performance benchmarking & modeling.
- Load management consultation.
- Development of complete design solutions/bid packages for small renovations and retrofits.
- Knowledgeable about innovation within own industry.
- Strong business acumen.
- Problem solving & creative solution skills; ability to search beyond traditional boundaries.
- Ability to build & maintain strong working relationships.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effectively interact in a matrix delivery/support organization.
- Success in process improvement, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive writing skills required.
- Good working knowledge of construction means & methods, facilities operations, and contracting desirable.
- Good working knowledge of MSWord, MSExcel required.
- Working knowledge of Auto-Cad, HVAC Load Analysis, and Lighting Calculations beneficial.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related technical field from an accredited college or university preferred, or equivalent work experience within the industry.
- Five (5) years of professional engineering experience in the design and construction industries; minimum three (3) years of hotel experience preferred.
- Professional engineering license preferred.