Director, Planning & Transformation
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000UKB
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Europe Office - London, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director will also contribute to continually improving and evolving the support services provided by the Planning and Transformation team through enhancements to processes, tools and templates.
- All MI Brands operating in Europe
- Number of Direct Reports – None
- Control or Influence of Budget – Influence YES
- Gain alignment among Continent leadership and functional stakeholders.
- Negotiate and influence project direction to achieve results.
- Provide processes and communication tools and templates that create accountability and drive results.
- Ensure deliverables meet needs, and can be implemented and sustained in the Market
- Share project management best practices with key stakeholders.
- Lead change management planning and communications.
- Execute Project Governance to manage issues escalation, project prioritization, etc.
- Identify issues and form hypotheses.
- Formulate, propose and implement recommendations.
- Ensure stakeholders receive the assistance or resources required to implement the recommendations.
- Lead and manage projects and cross-functional project teams.
- Manage relationships with Continent and functional leadership to ensure needs is met.
- Manage Continent-wide projects and realize expected project benefits.
- Troubleshoot issues by providing the transparency leadership needs to successfully manage problems and make informed decisions.
- Identify and lead cross-functional teams to execute new initiatives/projects.
- Accountable for Planning and Transformation deliverables and ensure project teams understand and execute their responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor success of initiatives/projects and existing programs/products/services.
- Analyze and monitor high-profile Continent Operations initiatives to help with reporting and resource prioritization.
- Establish and implement a measurement process to gauge success of projects.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
At least 5 to 10 years of management consulting or project management.
Expertise and proven track record in managing complex, multifunctional initiatives.
Experience in providing direction and performing responsibilities via influence ability (as opposed to line management authority).
Proven success in introducing major change to complex organizations.
Experience using MS Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
Minimum BA degree; MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
Experience within lodging/hospitality industries, preferred.
Exceptional project management and written and verbal presentation skills.
Ability to break-down, assign and ensure completion of work steps with various teams and without direct authority.
Strong influence skills including at senior organizational levels.
Ability to quickly gain a clear and comprehensive understanding of Operations strategies, priorities and initiatives and represent them to various constituencies across the Continent.
Ability to define and enforce project governance.
Strong analytical skills for planning, estimating, budgeting and monitoring project work.
Ability to enlist and motivate individuals and secure resources without direct authority.
Able to form and foster high performing teams.
Utilizes/exhibits systemic thinking; gets results by using systems and processes.
Seeks input, drives for consensus and obtains closure.
Driven, exhibits strong drive to achieve.
Demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure.
Negotiates with key stakeholders to resolve issues.
Possesses/exhibits leadership presence.
Strong inter-personal and meeting management skills.
Ability to establish credibility necessary to influence all organizational levels.
Actively pursues and supports innovation and continual process improvement.
Quick study, analytical, makes decisions using thorough the use of data and process, then moves quickly to action.
Sets high performance standards for self and others.
Ability to quickly gain the trust and confidence of multiple stakeholders and constituencies.
Ability to apply past learning to solve new challenges.
Delivers results under potentially difficult conditions.