iT Admin Assistant( Full time/ Part time)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000UGK
Job Category Administrative
Location Europe Office-UKShared Service, Luton, Bedfordshire VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The role provides administrative support to the Senior Director, iT Central Services and to the Europe iT Team.
General inquiries and meeting scheduling
- Organize information and requests in order to manage time and schedules for stakeholders. Coordinate calendars, identifies critical meetings, and ensures meeting materials are prepared in a timely manner. Proactively problem solves and manages calendar and other conflicts.
- May prioritize emails and handle routine requests as needed. Handles various requests for information and follows-up based on an understanding of the organization and knowledge of the team’s work.
- Provide phone coverage for stakeholders as requested. May provide back-up coverage for other members of the team upon request. Responsible for responding to questions/requests of callers and/or redirecting callers to the most appropriate resource in a timely manner.
- May assist in travel arrangements for stakeholders.
- Assist in meeting planning for stakeholders, including logistics.
- Compose and distribute internal and external correspondence, memos, reports and graphic presentations as needed.
- Collate and distribute monthly reports and compliance reports
- Ensure high standards of written communication both in presentation spelling and grammar.
- Organize and maintain the shared computer drive including the development and update of applicable documents/data.
- Ensure that materials on MGS are current.
- Manage Europe IT team share sites, be the department site steward and subject matter expert
- Maintains email distribution lists as appropriate
- Process accounts payable for the department
- Hold the IR Procurement card and make payments as required
- Prepare monthly Owner & Franchise billing ensure accurate recharging for IR teams
- Manage purchase order logs for teams within IT
- Assist in the finalization of department monthly P&L’s
Special Projects and Ad hoc Requests
- May attend staff meetings to track and communicate follow-up items.
- Organize and maintain relevant filing systems and shared drive.
- Conduct research and/or analysis for stakeholder projects as requested. Coordinate other administrative and project responsibilities as requested.
- Create presentations using Word, PowerPoint and Excel upon request.
- Maintain files and organizes information at the request of stakeholders.
· Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
· Ensures compliance with all Marriott International Policies (MIP) and Information Security Manual (ISM) initiatives
· Previous administrative/secretarial experience essential
· Previous experience of working in the IT group
· Preferably experience is gained working with multiple stakeholders
· Previous experience in hospitality industry
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Advanced user of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Share point (teamshare) certified steward
· Knowledge of PeopleSoft accounts payable
· Highly organized and efficient approach required
· Ability to manage varying needs and prioritizing to ensure best business results
Education or Certification
· High School Diploma or equivalent required; preferably around administration and secretarial qualifications
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
Technical Skills /Computer
· Appropriate knowledge of Marriott Continent standard applications and supporting infrastructure
· Understanding and working knowledge of Marriott’s IT policies and processes
· Excellent understanding and skills of Marriott’s standard office automation applications
· Understanding of Marriott’s business processes for hotel operations
· Comprehensive command of English both written and spoken