Sr Manager Regional RM Analytic Support
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000TJT
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Mexico Area Office, Mexico City, Distrito Federal VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Senior Manager, Americas Revenue Management Analytics Support focuses on hotel performance across a number of key metrics such as, but not limited to, booking pace by segment and tier, segmentation trends and implication for the specified brands or in the defined geographic area they support. The Senior Manager provides in-depth analysis on factors impacting performance, leads the effort to define new business logic as the environment changes by coordinating feedback across various levels of the organization and plays a key role in discipline initiatives by participating in the process development, testing, sharing learnings/insights and identifying possible implications to the Regional RM Leadership Team. This role provides market and business context for the data requested of the group, prioritizes work flow during times of competing demands and develops exception reporting to identify and highlight hotels requiring additional support. This resource works collaboratively with the RM Analytics team for the refinement of pricing strategies and analytical tools that support revenue decisions, as well as assisting the Regional Revenue Management leadership with the execution of any programs, and the progress against these, implemented throughout the Americas. The Senior Manager collaborates with the Americas RM Analytics team to support Regional Revenue Management leadership.
Education and Experience
· 4-year degree required from an accredited university in business, preferably in a quantitative discipline (finance, operations research, economics, mathematics, statistics, etc.). MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
· 4 years of relevant professional experience in in lodging, consulting or communications related discipline preferred, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
· Strong hotel/ market experience and/or knowledge with a familiarity of Marriott lodging products/ brands/ hotel operations.
· Strong data analysis skills, including querying and manipulation of large quantities of data using applications such as SAS, Tableau, Access and Excel (pivot tables, modeling, etc.).
· Strong strategic planning and analytical skills.
· Excellent project management skills, with ability to independently manage multiple projects.
· Ability to communicate data specifications, deadlines and project requirements to suppliers clearly and concisely.
· Team player; builds strong relationships and collaborates with region and corporate stakeholders.
· Ability to interface with operations research and systems professionals in order to develop/refine decision support systems.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to take large volumes of complex information and present it to Senior Management in a clear, concise and complete manner which facilitates executive decision making.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Monitors Performance to identify causal factors of successful and unsuccessful performance, recommend strategies to improve, and evaluate likely impact of new strategies
· Provide comprehensive group strategy data, reporting and analytics that supports both sales and revenue management disciplines. Including but not limited to funnel tool, group closure, group pick up, group build, DQI tool and business evaluation.
· Accountability for leading and conducting key analysis to be utilized in presentations for Board of Directors meetings, Quarterly Analyst Call, Americas Leadership Team meetings; provides follow up analysis resulting from Executive leadership meetings and competitor Earnings Releases.
· Provide lead analysis to support requests from regional stakeholders.
· Provide support for the business transient segment and creating standardized reporting and analytics to drive profitable mix of this segment and create intra-regional and global BT approach.
· Identify gaps in Managed Portfolio strategies, and make strategic recommendations to regional Revenue Management leadership
· Examine and respond to portfolio concerns as identified by Americas Sr. Leadership
· Identify performance gaps of hotels and provide strategic and mitigating advice for solution.
· Partners with CALA and Americas Revenue Management Leaders to identify performance themes and recommend strategies to improve hotel performance
· Supports regions, markets, and hotels with data requests and ad-hoc reporting and exception analysis i.e. performance economic analysis
· Champion all discipline initiatives to pull through for all levels in the organization i.e. RPO, HPP
· Assist in the development of measurement techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of property/brand pricing and major pricing initiatives.
· Monitor, evaluate and contribute to the enhancement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the revenue management systems, tools and processes.
· Partners with operations research and systems personnel in creating and developing decision support systems that will lead to enhanced revenues.
· Represent CALA Revenue Management team in various calls and meetings with stakeholders, focusing on assigned geography or brands.
· Provide “second level” support for individual hotel pricing and market share analysis.
· Performs other duties as needed.
• Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
• Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Revenue Management-Knowledge of revenue management concepts, processes and strategies such as average daily rate, revenue per available room, sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management. Skill in using a Yield Management system.
o Research-Skill in collecting information from a variety of sources relating to market data, historical use, travel and tourism, real estate, etc. The ability to know when to seek addition information and where to look to find it.
o Analysis-The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data and make recommendations. Included is the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data.
Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
• Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
• Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.