Worldwide Reservation Sales Specialist (Day Training May 7th, 2018, May 14, 2018, and May 21st 2018
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000TJL
Job Category Reservations
Location Omaha Gbl Sls&Ctmr Care Campus, Omaha, Nebraska VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
As a FORTUNE Best Place to Work 20 years in a row – you can’t go wrong! We are recruiting for an upcoming training class:
Class Start Date: Monday, May 7th, 2018 and May 14th, 2018
Training Class Schedule(s): The first class will be held from May 7th- June 8th, Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm. The second class will be held from May 14th – June 15 from 8:30am to 5pm.
The third class will be held from May 21st - June 22nd from 8:30am to 5pm.
Anticipated Shift After Completion of Training: multiple shifts- day, nights, weekends from 6am until 2am
Location: Onsite Premise Position
***Marriott is a drug free workplace. ***
Compensation includes paid training, competitive salary, incentives, and shift differentials where applicable. We also offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), TRAVEL DISCOUNTS and more.
If this training class schedule or shift is not a great match for you, stay in touch with us as we frequently recruit for additional classes. Share your contact information with us here: https://stayintouch.marriott.com/.
Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail. Identify guest reservation needs and determine appropriate room type. Verify availability of room type and rate. Explain guarantee, special rate, and cancellation policies to callers. Accommodate and document special requests. Answer questions about property facilities/services and room accommodations. Follow sales techniques to maximize revenue. Input and access data in reservation system. Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent inspection rates, and wholesale reservations) by inputting the correct code and rate into the reservation system. Follow proper escalation procedures when addressing guest concerns.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- To answer incoming calls efficiently and in a courteous manner, according to Marriott Reservation Sales Standards. Unless otherwise instructed by management, a primary responsibility of this position is to be at workstation available to accept and properly process calls when scheduled to do so.
- To assist Marriott guests in making reservations; provide customer service and assist with problem resolution in a professional manner. To identify different types of guests and adjust selling skills appropriately to capture the sell.
- Demonstrate competent operation of the Merlin and MARSHA computer systems and telephone console.
- Maintain updated knowledge and understanding of all Marriott Lodging Brands and programs.
- Maintain updated knowledge and understanding of all hotel-selling strategies to maximize hotel occupancy and revenue.
- Maintain continuous improvement in conversion, Calls per Hour and Revenue per call.
- Displays a pleasant, helpful and courteous attitude toward customers and fellow associates.
- To advocate the Spirit-to-Serve program and the 20 basics in the workplace.
- To be aware of all existing accident prevention and safe work practice programs in the center and to work in a manner free from unsafe acts and to create a safe environment in which others may work.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Verify all reservation information with callers to ensure accuracy.
- Accommodate and document special requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Determine the most appropriate room type to meet guest requirements and maximize room rate.
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers.
- Describe room accommodations and benefit feature sale amenities to guests.
- Use sales techniques when assisting guests in making reservations, including personalizing calls, obtaining complete guest needs, suggesting alternate dates or directing guests to sister properties on sold out days.
- Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, room availability, restricted dates, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events).
- Assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and clearly relay this information to callers, giving them the option of emailing and/or faxing these numbers.
- Identify guest reservation needs by asking open-ended questions to obtain all necessary information, including enrollment in Marriott Rewards program.
- Follow “up selling” techniques and sales strategies in order to maximize property revenue.
- Identify repeat guests using appropriate codes.
- Utilize computer system to Inform guests of rules and regulations regarding qualifying rates (e.g., government and special corporate rates and discounts).
- Input and access data in computer reservation system by entering correct information into proper fields, including Marriott Rewards number, and asking for travel agency IATA and FIT numbers (i.e., flags, comments, guest messages).
- Verify availability of room type, rate, and occupancy in computer system before confirming any reservations.
- Process in the computer system all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail.
- Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent inspection rates, and wholesale reservations) by inputting the correct code and rate into the computer reservation system.
- Follow proper escalation procedures when addressing guest concerns.
Input data into computer
Utilize computer to find data
Related Work Experience
No related work experience is required
No supervisory experience is required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.