Sr. Manager, Finance Business Partner
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000S5B
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As a member of the Finance Business Partner group for Information Technology (FBP iT), the Senior Manager, Reporting & Analysis will provide support to the VP, FBP-iT-Run and partner with key stakeholders to drive operations reporting and “what if” business analyses across all of iT. He/she will focus on implementing key finance and regional reporting processes, utilizing and enhancing reporting systems and tools, and ensuring consistency and best practices in business analysis and operations reporting across the iT organization.
As part of the FBP iT, the Senior Manager will coordinate with and support multiple stakeholders including continent and corporate leadership and discipline teams and external stakeholders. She/he must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, identifying profitable opportunities, anticipating challenges, devising and executing breakthrough strategies/approaches to deliver against the current and future business priorities, and engaging and partnering with key business leaders and owners, thereby strengthening Marriott’s competitive advantage through excellence in financial management.
Provide support to the VP, FBP-iT-Run which will include:
- Develop operations and management reporting and conduct “what if” business analysis support to FBP iT staff, iT leaders, Finance Business Partners, HQ and Continent discipline leaders and other key stakeholders for iT projects, programs and initiatives and will lead the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across iT to monitor business performance to provide indicators of business changes and/or risks .
- Lead associates to utilize special financial models for establishing goals and identifying financial opportunities. Prepare special operations analysis and reports to track financial results, trends, key metrics, and provide comparative analysis, and track critical areas affected by changes in the economy, etc.
- Lead associates to utilize special reporting tools (e.g., Cost Simplification Model, Budgeting & Forecasting Tracker, Apptio, Mosaic) and ensure tools are updated appropriately to reflect changes in technology and/or business needs.
- Lead associates to execute programs and processes for sharing of information consistently amongst iT leaders and for facilitating the ongoing improvement of management reporting across the iT organization.
- Partner with AHS to ensure P&L reporting and analysis processes are operating effectively and within SLAs.
- Use financial data, data trends and market information to accurately assess performance, identify risks and deliver quality solutions to critical business issues.
- Use a proactive approach to optimize results and monitor implementation to assure success and accountability across the businesses, continents and brands. Develop processes necessary to ensure accurate, timely and meaningful sharing of financial information to key stakeholders.
- Develop key metrics published every period to analyze performance and provide actionable information to iT leaders.
- Develops presentations and reporting packages for department leaders’ presentation to senior management
- Build and develop Key Business Indicators (KBIs), tools and processes for monitoring the current and projecting the future financial health of the business, identifying potential risks and opportunities, and identifying options for action. Establish processes to proactively identify financial risks to the business and creatively resolve risk.
- Build, direct and/or support financial processes and analytic capabilities to ensure sound business and financial decisions are made and financial objectives are met or exceeded. Identify opportunities for improved profitability.
- Partners with FBP, iT team in the management and execution of key financial business processes across iT, helping to ensure sound decision making around the disciplines financial objectives.
- Partners with iT leaders, Owner and Franchise Services, and Continent Leaders to improve communication of iT charges to owners and participate as required in dispute resolution with owners.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with iT leaders, Global Finance leaders and other key stakeholders to provide guidance and/or consultation, as appropriate, to effectively influence business decisions and financial outcomes and optimize overall work effectiveness.
- Participates on intra and cross-discipline project teams providing a strategic finance perspective to the work and helping the project team achieve their objectives.
- Partner with Human Resources leadership to strengthen the organization performance by ensuring effective structures, processes, jobs, and performance management systems, along with the “right” people, are in place to support the strategic priorities of the business.
- Set goals and expectations for direct report using the Leadership Performance Process (LPP) and holds staff accountable for successful performance. Coach team by providing specific feedback to improve performance. Conduct annual performance appraisal with direct reports.
- Champion leadership development and workforce planning priorities by personally assessing, selecting, retaining and developing diverse, high-caliber talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for the future. Work with Human Resources to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans, and allocates resources appropriately.
- Minimum 6 years’ financial management experience in a global organization with increasing management responsibility including complex data analysis and financial modeling
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a management role, preferably leading a team; demonstrated success leading and developing others in a complex, service-intensive, deadline-driven environment.
- Exhibits strong functional leadership and finance knowledge; able to leverage this strength to influence business team strategies and decisions.
- Able to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously; ability to translate business needs into operational financial management priorities.
- Able to consistently make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure. Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Able to orchestrate systemic change – initiates, supports and manages change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace.
- Knowledge of generally accepted finance and accounting policies, principles and controls; as well as Marriott-specific accounting and finance processes and systems.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of MI business model and management and franchisee contracts.
- Operates with a collaborative mindset to ensure that key stakeholders are considered, eliminating the need for duplicate systems; builds strong relationships to leverage information and insights to anticipate and respond to project risks; communicates well with project and other leaders; openly shares and does not withhold information.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate creative solutions for complex business issues, mitigating risk and maximizing stakeholder satisfaction.
- Ability to sell ideas persuasively; settles differences and wins concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful while remaining diplomatic.
- Strong leader of people – ability to create compelling vision, demonstrate flexibility in approach, and motivate others (to achieve desired results; ability to work in a matrix organization and make things happen without having to own all of the resources; leverages shared resources to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a successful “networker” and able to maintain effective relationships, both internally and externally.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing; listens to others and effectively comprehends information; creates an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization.
- Responsive; ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- Results oriented; delivers results under difficult conditions and demonstrates balanced judgment under pressure. Ability to assess, plan and get “the right priorities” done, on time and budget, at high quality levels; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to consistently make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
Education and Professional Certification
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
- CPA preferred
- This position will be based at MI Corporate Headquarters