Senior Internal Auditor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000QKS
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Internal Audit function provides the Company with a systemic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance. Internal Audit ensure the company's network of controls, governance, and business and financial risk management processes, are adequate and effective using a risk-based audit strategy.
As a member of the Internal Audit function, the Senior Auditor will provide support for a variety of functions performed by the Internal Audit function. He/She will partner with members of the Internal Audit department to ensure proper documentation for key internal controls for accurate financial reporting and to monitor the achievement of enterprise internal control goals.
- Audits a variety of accounting, financial, and operating records and procedures requiring the application of professional accounting and auditing principles and standard operating procedures for various business units.
- Prepares work papers, schedules, and summaries of documenting procedures performed and findings and conclusions reached.
- Draft questionnaires, summarize results, draw conclusions and draft reports documenting the findings and recommendations based on procedures performed.
- Work with management on methods to bring audit programs and business operations into compliance with goals and objectives as well as improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
- May assist business units in special projects, investigations or other significant business issues. Also may participate in assistance with external auditors.
- Conducts research on company policies and procedures and the applicability to professional accounting and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate complex financial records and operational systems and procedures.
- Supervise and review work of staff auditors from co-sourced internal audit partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- At least 3 years of experience performing audit related work, preferably in a large, publicly traded company or a public accounting firm
- Familiarity with COSO, GAAP, SEC and PCAOB regulations and requirements – up to date with industry and regulatory changes and professional standards
- Strong communications (verbal and written), organization and presentation skills
- Familiarity of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, tests, and sampling methods involved in conducting audits and of the requirements set forth in the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Exceptional organizational skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments. Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work with and communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages innovative solutions when appropriate
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders in order to get tasks accomplished
- Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders
- Data analytic skills; uses data and a cogent problem solving methodology in decision making and impact assessment
Education and Professional Certification
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in accounting
- CPA or CIA license required
- This position will be based at Marriott International Corporate Headquarters and will require some travel.