Sr. Manager Event Management (Based in Mexico)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000Q0E
Job Category Event Management
Location Mexico Area Office, Mexico City, Distrito Federal VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Sr. Manager Event Management (Sheraton) will report to the Sr. Director F&B, CALA. The Sr. Manager, Event Management serves as key support to the Event Management discipline for the Caribbean and Latin Americas Region CLS organization. This role has overall responsibility for ensuring the consistent pull-through and execution of portfolio-wide programs and initiatives for all Sheraton Hotels in Caribbean and Latin America related to the Event Management discipline. The Sr. Manager of Event Management supports the creation and delivery of processes, procedures, information and training for the Event Management Discipline focused in the areas of Event Planning, Special Events, and Event Operations. This position will assume responsibility for activation and execution of key brand initiatives; evaluating property-brand alignment and monitoring pull through of action plans for desired results. This position will be a key member of the Food & Beverage Operations for CALA.
The Sr. Manager Event Management (Sheraton), CALA holds the responsibility of activation and implementation of Event Management initiatives for both managed and franchised hotels within the CALA region.
· Location Requirements: The Sr. Manager Event Management (Sheraton), CALA will be located in Market
· Language Requirements: English and Spanish – high proficiency, speaking, reading and writing preferred
· Travel Requirements: 60% business travel required.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Supports Sheraton projects and initiatives from the planning stage to the launch stage. Collaborates with initiative stakeholders’ a in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
• Leads implementation of service execution for the Event Phase strategies and setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results.
• Identifies Event Management business opportunities and risks by keeping abreast of competitor, industry, economic, and internal information and trends. Solicit input from diverse sources in order to make sound business decisions.
• Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization. Articulates the strategy for Event Management Delivery to multiple stakeholder groups.
• Identifies and validates key opportunities to drive profitable growth. Communicates with senior leadership to ensure accountability
• Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy. Assists in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
• Functions as internal consultant to Events, Sales and other disciplines to manage integrated event knowledge architecture.
• Develops Standards, Policies, Procedures, and Information for the Event Management Discipline.
• Partners closely with Americas Event Management, the PMO, marketing and communications teams to create and maintain effective Event Management communications on programs through streamlined channels.
• Facilitates and manages timely and effective communications of key change initiatives for successful implementation.
• Assists the hotel Event Management Associates to achieve consistent, high ESS scores at Sheraton Hotels
• Partners with the Americas and Global Event GLT to support global initiatives and contribute feedback to priorities, initiatives and ideas for improving the event discipline.
• Works closely with Event Management Continent Leader to develop and support Event Management Standards for all Sheraton hotels in Market.
• Supports Brand Meeting Strategies and the sustainment of meeting signatures.
FINANCIAL AND ACCOUNTING MANAGEMENT
· Comprehensive understanding of Events Profit and Loss statements, and the ability to project revenue and costs associated to ensure viability to drive revenue and ensure/improve profitability of Event discipline.
· Financial Reporting and Analysis – have the ability to monitor metrics, analyze data and report out on Events and Next Gen Meeting Concept F&B performance.
PARTNERSHIPS & RELATIONS
· Brand Advocate and Partner – be a partner to the Sheraton Brand teams to ensure relevant and aligned Event experiences are developed for the portfolio – keep up to date with brand research and implement latest thinking into Events activation.
· Be a resource for recruiting and developing field associate talent; drive associate satisfaction.
· Develop effective business partnership with property leadership to develop solutions that meet the expectations and create value for owners, franchisees and Marriott International
• Performs other duties as appropriate.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
· 5+ years progressively responsible work experience (including management experience) in Event Management.
· Experience in Event Management disciplines;
· Ability to drive … product creativity and innovation within the discipline.
· Event Trends – ability to follow and inject trends into Event activation.
· Proven expertise in hands-on operations and openings of hotels, preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Operational Efficiencies – ability to identify and illustrate operational efficiencies and potential cost savings.
· Profitability and Economics – ensure that initiatives developed and implemented are driving positive results.
· Communication – written, presentation and verbal; excellent verbal communication, written communication, analytical, problem-solving, decision making and presentation skills.
· Project Management – excellent project and change management skills; ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and stakeholders.
· Strong interpersonal skills with multiple stakeholders (e.g. property leaders, associates, customers, owners, peers, corporate).
· Effective influencing, negotiation, conflict management, time management and consensus building skills.
Education and Professional Certification:
· College degree in Hotel Management, Hospitality Management, or Culinary, or other related areas or Equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is required.