Senior Manager Entity Management, Central
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000OZM
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Europe Office - Eschborn, Eschborn-Frankfurt, Hessen VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Responsible for the Corporate and Statutory Accounting function for assigned entities, ensuring books are in compliance with Local and US GAAP, and managing the team that assists in this function
Ensures the completeness and accuracy of the Peoplesoft Financial systems for all entities under this role
Manages the relationship with outside advisors for Statutory audits
Manages the Manager Owned Leased Hotels for Germany and UK
Prepares financial analysis as directed by the Continent’s Finance Team
Manages, develops and supports associates within the office and ensure appropriate HR support
Ensures Fixed Assets are properly set up and reconciled.
Partners with Treasury Accounting Services, Treasury, Tax and both HQ and Europe CSA as appropriate
Provides MIP-66 certification (local books) of Marriott admin entities in but not limited to Germany, Austria and Switzerland, ensuring full reconciliation of the balance sheet.
Oversees general administration accounting and day-to-day transactional processing
Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team including balance sheet reconciliations.
Ensures polices and processes are controls focused and are in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the Leadership Performance Process (LPP) and holds staff accountable for successful performance; coaches team by providing specific feedback to improve performance; conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports.
Complete any other tasks as assigned by senior leadership.
Thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures, and techniques of accounting, and of financial records and transactions including, but not limited to, generally accepted accounting principals.
- Developed accounting, finance and analytical skills including experience with cash management, long-term capital expenditures planning and project management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate business trends to influence business strategies.
- Resourceful in resolving issues and solving problems, leveraging resources to get results.
- Translates business needs into what needs to get done; ensures that all work is completed effectively; maintains high performance standard; works effectively by using a highly collaborative style.
- Creates an atmosphere in which timely information flows smoothly both upward and downward through the organization; possesses exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Supports, manages and initiates change within the organization, taking steps to remove barriers or to accelerate its pace.
- Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning.
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment.
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations and governances.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; strong time management skills.
- Ability to translate financial concepts into actionable business strategies and tactics.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others at all levels, including senior management.
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a prompt course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk.
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate.
- Ability to build consensus amongst various stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Effective change management skills.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Accounting degree is desirable.
- Minimum of five years financial management experience; hotel finance and accounting experience preferred.
- Bilanzbuchhalter or equivalent financial qualification required.
- Financial qualification required.
- Experience of US GAAP and IFRS a plus.