Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000OY6
Job Category Legal
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Hong Kong, Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
This role functions as the paralegal assisting the Labor & Employment law practice in the Asia Pacific Law Department team based out of Hong Kong. The position covers all countries in Asia Pacific.
Education and Experience
· At least a diploma (or equivalent)
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in a law firm or law department, with basic understanding of legal nomenclature and legal drafting
Skills and Competencies
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong project and case management skills
· Strong user skills across common platforms (Microsoft Office, Law Manager)
· Able to collaborate well with others on the team and across different teams
· Strong communication skills (written/verbal)
· Ability to perform well under pressure. Fast pace worker and able to work with minimal supervision
· Languages in addition to English a plus (Cantonese, Mandarin, Indonesian, Malaysian, Hindi, Korean or Japanese)
· Provide direct assistance to 600+ hotels in the region, and assist the lawyers in their work. This includes providing advice on employment related legal documents and agreements. Related work would include working with area human resources team to manage operational inquires based on lawyers’ guidance, as well as various internal governance process as supervised by lawyers.
· Posting and maintenance of standard form contracts on the company’s in-house website for use by the field.
· Tracking of legal matters, liaising with external law firms on case management, legal documents and maintaining legal databases and reports.
· Providing support to labor and employment in-house legal trainings, curriculum development, planning and execution.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
o Research-Skill in collecting information from a variety of sources relating to market data, historical use, travel and tourism, real estate, etc. The ability to know when to seek addition information and where to look to find it.
o Analysis-The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data and make recommendations. Included is the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data.
o Deductive Analysis-Interpreting numeric information within the context of business problems, accurately and/or appropriately combining available data for computation or interpretation.
o Inferential Analysis-Using trends and analysis to predict or project beyond presented information, making business-related decisions on the basis of available data, forming recommendations based on interpretation of data.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.