National Sales Manager - German National Sales Team
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000OWC
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Europe Office - Eschborn, Eschborn-Frankfurt, Hessen VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The German National Sales Team (GNST) is funded by hotels in Germany & Austria and represents the extended sales force of the hotels. The focus is on group accounts which have requirements in at least 3 different German and Austrian cities/Clusters and a minimum spend of EUR 50 K yearly or 500 room nights threshold. The group focus of these clients is Germany and Austria.
The National Sales Manager will report to the Head of German National Sales Team. This person is responsible for developing and maintaining business from a nominated portfolio of accounts located in Germany primarily for all products/brands in Germany & Austria (excl. Ritz-Carlton). The primary intent is to drive sales for the stakeholder hotels with a strong focus on group business. Proactively solicits associations / group accounts in his market in alignment with a given criteria set. Facilitates group opportunities for outbound hotels at the customer’s request to achieve additional booking fee. Proactively manages relationships with multiple stakeholders. Works in conjunction with stakeholder hotels to insure sales account revenue targets are achieved through strategic account management.
- Location requirements: The main location of the National Account Manager will be at the Europe Office – Eschborn.
- Language Requirements: High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in German and English is required.
- Travel Requirements: There is a 50% business travel required.
- In charge of two designated source market areas
- Ensure an accurate and up to date account data and reporting using account management system
- Understand and actively utilize company marketing initiative / incentives to increase lead conversion
- Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs
- Supporting customers during the implementation of sales contracts; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer feedback; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ensure GNST is effectively handling customer care issues as necessary; refer them to the appropriate owner.
- It is essential to keep up to date with all legislation changes and trends within the Agency and Corporate market
- Develops and implements an effective sales plan
- Develops contracts as required and correspondence, manages opportunity details and proactively develops customer solutions
- Participates and assists in the coordination of regional special events, in tradeshows, meetings, sales activities as needed. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, etc.
- Coordinates and completes sales activities and follow-ups with account team members, where applicable (GSO, property sales). Updates hotels on the status of their accounts and pending business. Coordinates and completes sales activity, pricing processes and follow-up with account team members, where applicable (Property Sales, Global Sales)
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers, industry organizations and Marriott network to enable future bookings.
- Effectively uses sales resources and administrative/support staff
- Gathering of in depth competitive intelligence is expected
- Works collaboratively with property sales and GSO to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand and knows how to sell against them
- Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals
- Identifies, qualifies and solicits new contacts within accounts with a focus on increasing business. Strives to achieve personal and company goals
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts
- Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively
- Maintains and grows business of existing accounts based on targets set in conjunction with key stakeholders involved
- Proactively manages relationships with multiple contacts in assigned market accounts
- Participates in GNST Meetings and regular conference calls
Financial and Accounting Management
- Supports and contributes to the overall GNST cost referral program goal
- Conducts regular associate reviews together with the Head of German National Sales Team when appropriate
- Gives constructive feedback to be shared with Sales Coordinators in Rap Session to improve performance
- Assists with new hire orientation and appropriate new hire training to ensure associates can successfully perform their job
- Each hotel will have an expectation of account production and an effective stakeholder communication is expected
- Proactively develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- At least 2 years experience in Sales within a hospitality environment on property.
- Experience in corporate account management
- Excellent solicitation and selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can bring a sale to closure
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of group and transient business
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Ability to develop and implement successful sales strategies and strategic sales plans for individual accounts
- Ability to set accurate account and revenue goals
- Ability to interpret market data and apply to sales strategy
- Ability to evaluate business trends and modify business strategies accordingly
- Ability to execute against the strategy; drive results
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations and associated challenges
- Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
- Good negotiation skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Effective change management skills
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g. personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Strong presentation and platform skills
- Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Knowledge / appreciation of Marriott, brand culture, philosophies and initiatives
- Knowledge of Marriott lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
- Understanding and achievement of team and individual goals
- Hotel apprenticeship or equivalent required
- German and English written and spoken