Director, Talent Management Analytics & Solutions
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000OBA
Job Category Human Resources
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Director leads Marriott’s global, enterprise-wide programs related to engagement survey, performance management, and succession planning. This position reports to the Vice President, HR Planning and Talent Management Solutions and partners closely with Corporate HR Generalists, Information Technology, vendor partners, and HR and property leaders across our global hotels. The Director must maintain a key focus on strategy development and project leadership associated with Marriott’s engagement survey, performance management, and succession planning. Core responsibilities include managing “business as usual” program execution, sustaining and improving existing programs, developing and validating new tools and reports (internally or in partnership with vendors), deployment and change management of new related initiatives, and ensuring talent management programs continue to support company’s talent needs.
- PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in performance appraisal, survey design, and competency modeling required.
- Experience leading enterprise-wide engagement survey or performance programs required; global experience with this work preferred.
- Knowledge of employment law preferred.
- Lodging/hospitality industry knowledge strongly preferred.
- Internal or external consulting experience strongly preferred.
Leading Engagement, Performance and Succession Planning Programs
- Lead the Talent Management Analytics & Solutions – Talent Management team and manage external vendors to develop and implement programs and tools related to engagement survey, performance management, and succession planning
- Manage the annual lifecycle of the Associate Engagement Survey to include item performance review, overall survey review, adjustments to the survey, logistics for survey administration, oversight of user testing and survey administration, and results dissemination
- Manage the annual lifecycle of Performance Management and Succession Planning to include overall system review, adjustments to communications and job aids, logistics for cycle management, oversight of user testing and administration, and ongoing reporting
- Design and update programs to ensure they meet dynamic business needs and are relevant across geographies, languages, brands, disciplines, and associate populations
- Research and evaluate cutting edge and innovative approaches to engagement or performance and succession programs, while staying abreast of changing regulations and litigation to recommend adjustments as needed
- Lead the design, development, testing and deployment of new processes and tools for engagement and performance programs that facilitate enterprise-wide talent identification and development
- Conducts and oversees utility and business impact analyses for engagement and performance programs
- Educate HR leaders on how to maximize the use of programs and related data and translates technical information to support decision making
- Manage the work of direct reports in support of Marriott’s global engagement survey, performance management, and succession planning programs
- Manage the performance and development of team members, providing coaching and feedback to build a high performing team. Inspire and motivate team members to achieve excellence in talent management
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with internal and external groups. Leverages the rest of the HR organization to effectively accomplish results
- Ensure strong partnership with HR Generalists and other COEs (e.g., learning, compensation), including alignment of programs and integrated data, reporting and technology solutions
- Perform other reasonable duties as required for this position
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and recommends solutions
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops plans by identifying opportunities with the greatest potential for greatest impact; ensures successful preparation and execution of plans
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other’s skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen – Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in Talent Management to manage everyday business operations, generate innovative solutions to function-specific challenges, and function as a thought leader.
- Business Acumen - Understands and uses business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.