Vice President, Digital, Loyalty and Portfolio Marketing, Asia Pacific
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000NHG
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Vice President, Digital, Loyalty and Portfolio Marketing is the Continent leader responsible for three key marketing areas:
- Local strategy and execution to ensure Marriott International maintains the #1 loyalty program in the industry. This includes building the base of consumers residing in the continent and executing effective activation campaigns & experiences that keep them engaged and spending in our hotels.
- Local strategy and execution to build #1 preference for the MI portfolio of brands. This includes cross brand marketing of our portfolio of brands leading with our loyalty program.
- Local strategy and execution of our digital platforms, products and marketing execution. This includes working closely with our corporate team on product development + digital marketing execution as well as building digital, social and content capabilities that support the continent needs, markets and properties.
The VP, Digital, Loyalty and Portfolio Marketing leverages consumer insights, data & analytics, industry practices, and Global Marketing Centers of Expertise to drive customer engagement across consumer segments residing within the Continent. The primary focus will be on integrating the MI + Starwood loyalty programs and platforms to drive awareness, trial, acquisition and engagement through local marketing and experience activation. This position provides key leadership for the creation of Continent portfolio, partnership, loyalty and digital strategies as prioritized by the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer and is responsible for developing holistic and integrated Continent pull-through plans in all channels. This position is specifically responsible for execution of partnerships, loyalty platforms, digital programs, marketing and strategies and will work closely with other leaders within the continent and BMSC organization to execute.
This position coordinates heavily across the Continent leadership, Corporate Marketing + Digital leadership teams to evaluate global and local customer engagement + booking efforts. The VP, Digital, Loyalty and Portfolio Marketing will sit on global marketing committees organized by the Global Marketing Officer and leadership team to share Continent perspective and expedite the cycle of marketing idea generation to Continent marketing implementation.
The position will have direct responsibility for the performance management and development of leaders and teams responsible for the execution of global and local loyalty programs, adaptation of portfolio branded marketing campaigns leading with Rewards, generating engaging marketing content, activating social media strategies, and executing digital products and marketing strategies that support our brands and business goals.
Frequent travel will be required. This is not considered to be a position that can be based remotely.
- Currently over 632 hotels, 187,000 rooms in Asia Pacific
- Number of direct reports: 34+
- Control or influence budget (Y or N): Yes - control
Education and Experience Preferred
- University degree required; marketing focus preferred.
- Graduate degree in marketing or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 12 years combined international experience across with exposure to multiple industries and customer segments
- Broad marketing leadership experience in multiple environments
- Experience in leading and managing loyalty programs and associated change
- Experience leading and managing large-scale, marketing initiatives and managing associated change.
- Ability to handle the complexities of working with owners and stakeholders across national and cultural borders.
Skills and Knowledge
Expert knowledge of traditional and digital marketing strategy and techniques
- Ability to understand and meet the needs of multiple stakeholder groups and work in a global organization
Understanding of the multiple cultures for pull-through in-market and implications on marketing communications (e.g., Marriott Rewards global and local social media platform communications).
- Superior leadership skills.
- Superior communication skills in diverse settings (with an emphasis on empathetic listening and persuasion skills) with many stakeholders.
- Proven team building skills with experience in developing talent and building new teams to meet organizational demands.
- Ability to offer quick analysis for decision-making within a general context.
- Proven ability to execute multiple projects flawlessly.
- Ability to travel extensively (minimum 50%; primarily international travel).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Define Continent vision and objectives for building and activating the Customer base within Continent through targeted marketing, events, and partnerships.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing Centers of Expertise to develop global strategies that are rooted in Continent-based consumer needs.
- Provide leadership role for the creation and maintenance of effective local strategic alliance partnerships.
- Coordinate and pull-through on Global strategies for enhancing the Rewards program to strengthen customer loyalty and portfolio awareness and preference.
- Manage Continent-level loyalty activation goals and develop local tactics and plans to drive effective enlistment of new, high-value members.
- Collaborate on development of CRM strategy for the business at a Global and Continent level through coordination with Global Marketing team and other Continent marketing leaders.
Portfolio Marketing + Planning
Collaborate with continent team to develop local strategies that drive inbound and outbound performance.
- Contribute to global marketing planning by working with Continent insights leader to provide insights and trends on consumer behaviors in relevant source markets.
- Coordinate with Corporate Portfolio Marketing Strategy team and other Continent peers on calendar creation and the integration of key messaging into ongoing Brand-focused or Area-focused marketing initiatives.
- Evaluate the marketing investment and resources against a given effort to ensure effectives and return. Provide direction to increase investment, participation and pull-through of marketing strategies and plans where appropriate.
- Build effective marketing partnerships with companies across the Continent in order to utilize their distribution channels to increase Marriott brands’ presence.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing team to create messaging and creative concepts that can be executed globally and locally.
- Coordinate with Corporate and Continent Marketing leaders to ensure alignment of efforts and synchronization in timing of campaigns.
Content + Social Media Activation
- Manage continent MLive studio. Activate and monitor social media strategies at the Continent, Area, and Property level for the Portfolio and Brands.
- Develop deployment, tools and resources to ensure the field has what is needed to support buzz marketing and social media efforts with owners, franchisees, continent team members, GMs and DoSMs
- Create content that can be leveraged globally and locally to create buzz about our hotels, brands and our company.
Digital Platforms + Digital Marketing
- Partner with continent insights leader and market teams to understand digital consumer needs by key source market
- Develop global + local strategies to optimize buying channels but bias direct at lowest cost where possible
- Develop product roadmap + digital empires strategy by source market
- Manage and accountable for performance on language websites: research, requirements, content, merchandising
- Be accountable for driving traffic, revenue growth targets and optimal cost/revenue and channel-mix for our continent Direct channels (e.g., Marriott.com.cn, Marriott.com, mobile) and indirect channels (e.g., OTAs, meta-search, etc.).
- Develop strategy and execute digital marketing programs that support the portfolio and brand marketing strategies for the continent
- Partner with HQ team to develop roadmap, prioritize initiatives and obtain funding for continent needs.
Digital Local Execution: Lead, advocate and execute on global and local digital, social and content strategies.
- Develop digital marketing capabilities / services for markets and individual hotels in the continent
- Ongoing assessment and evolution of deployment strategies to support digital
- Provide education and platform for centralized digital support services for hotels
Provide leadership and management to discipline leaders and resources within the Continent.
Provide coaching, direction, support and growth opportunities to resources responsible for loyalty, digital and marketing.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Developing Others - Plans and supports the development of others’ skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively; provides high visibility to individuals with potential; offers challenging assignments that build confidence and credibility and provides such individuals with a personal vision for their future.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Marketing, Digital Marketing, Business Strategy
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Strategy Knowledge - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific strategic work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.