Sales Manager - National Group Sales (Non-Exempt)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000N48
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Omaha Gbl Sls&Ctmr Care Campus, Omaha, Nebraska VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Sales Manager is responsible for optimizing Marriott’s share of revenue and
room nights from a primarily reactive source of customer inquires related to group, meeting, and extended stay requests. Inquiry sources include phone, Internet and referral requests. The position’s primary sales functions are facilitated via inside sales modes.
- Responds to telephone and Internet inquires/requests for group, extended stay and catering business in a timely manner and with proper phone etiquette. Address customer questions and concerns during initial call by use of active listening.
- Qualifies each business opportunity and suggest Marriott brands and products which are in line both with customer needs as well as hotel’s/apartment’s business needs.
- Establish and maintain complete and up-to-date lead information on each account in SFA and ESSIS to ensure accurate reporting.
- Builds and maintains rapport with client throughout the buying process.
- Responds to customer inquiries/requests in a timely manner. Focuses on ways to improve overall buying processes with emphasis on "ease of doing business".
- Processes all leads in a timely manner. Monitors, updates and communicates lead status to the appropriate parties.
- Maintains open communication with properties, sales offices and markets as needed regarding lead status.
- Performs consistently in the area of sales, meeting production goals each period/quarter/annually.
- Manages day to day needs of Sales Coordinator, providing performance feedback as coach and mentor in developing skills and addresses performance issues accordingly and maintains communication with Leadership regarding performance.
- Keeps Leadership informed of trends, opportunities, market changes as needed.
MHRS/RHRS/CFR/ExecuStay business strategies and cultures.
- Marriott Group contracts and legalities.
- Group and Extended Stay business needs of each of Marriott's Brands.
- Microsoft Office, SFA, Goldmine, Oscar etc.
- Product knowledge of hotels and apartments both domestic and international.
- Uses active listening to ensure effective interactions with others.
- Delivers clear, evenly paced presentations.
- Tailors message to appropriate audience.
- Provides effective written communications - both formally and informally.
- Uses technology appropriately when delivering presentations.
- Financial Acumen
- Articulates to the customer the financial benefits of a proposal as it pertains to the customer’s business objectives.
- Negotiates terms and conditions, commitments and customer issues that enhance the sales opportunity and business relationship.
- Influences customer decisions that create mutual “wins.”
- Sales Proficiency
- Demonstrates selling skills e.g. objectives, benefits, features.
- Relates customer needs to product capabilities.
- Is an effective “closer".
- Sales Coordinator – National Group Sales
- Executive Meeting Manager
- Sales Manager – Hotel or ExecuStay
- Account Manager – Hotels, EST, RSO
- Sales Coordinator – Hotel, EST, RSO
- Catering Manager
- Event Manager
- Convention Services Manager
- Similar experience in external environment