Director, International Hotel Development, UKI
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000IJN
Job Category Development & Feasibility
Location London Development, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Full Time position based at the London Office
- 3-5 years of business experience with two or more years of real estate development, financial or hotel industry experience
Skills and Knowledge
Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
Established working knowledge of the UKI hotel market.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and capability of both building lasting internal/external relationships and “selling” Marriott’s brands to third-parties.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively understand hotel transactions (both franchised and managed); handle multiple projects on short timetables; and manage staff resources efficiently.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, proactive outlook and approach to professional life is essential.
- An ability to work in a team environment with a small, but diverse team is critical.
- Mature, professional demeanor, capable of expressing confident, independent judgment.
BS or equivalent
MBA preferred but not essential
Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Maintain and develop a strong network of contacts in the local hotel and real estate investment sector.
Identify, initiate, and assess potential owners, investors, developers and branding opportunities.
Review and analyze potential hotel conversions and new build opportunities, for integration into any of Marriott’s select service brands.
Develop the appropriate business relationship with potential owners, capital providers and partners, in order to build loyalty and preference for our company and brands.
Coordinate all aspects of the development process internal to Marriott, including presentations, site inspections, market feasibility studies and projections, valuations, legal contract negotiations and presenting the opportunity for approval by the appropriate Marriott committees.
Lead negotiations of management agreements and franchise or other agreements with owner/owner's representatives. Ensure that agreement terms and conditions are acceptable to Marriott senior management.
Work with Marriott's Treasury and Project Finance Departments to maximize returns on Marriott International investment in hotel projects, where applicable.
As needed, assist owners and developers identify and tap sources of financing for hotel acquisition or construction.
Share leads for other Marriott brand or product opportunities with appropriate personnel.
- Performs other duties as appropriate related to enhancing Marriott’s growth in Europe.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Continent Office policies and procedures.