Assistant Cluster Director of Human Resources (Maternity Cover)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000H0W
Job Category Human Resources
Location Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Warwickshire, Warwickshire VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
A position has come available within the senior Human Resources team for the Marriott Golf & Country Clubs. This exclusive collection of hotels are situated in picturesque locations within the UK and offer extensive employee benefits such as;
- Hotel Leisure membership
- Car parking
- Meals on duty
- Global Marriott hotel discounts
This particular role is a full time, fixed term position of 6 months cover of maternity. The location of the role is to cover the West Midlands and Derbyshire, based at either the Forest of Arden (CV7) or Breadsall Priory (DE6) Marriott Hotel & Country Club and requires the ability to travel.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This role will support the strategy development and contribute a high level of Human Resource generalist knowledge and expertise to the Golf and Country Club Cluster. Reporting to and in support of the Cluster Director of Human Resources (CDHR) and Cluster General Manager (CGM), the successful candidate will be accountable for and contribute to the delivery and implementation of strategies, including but not limited to;
· Talent acquisition
· succession/workforce planning
· performance management
· Engagement and development for property employees
· coaching/developing others to help influence and execute brand/business service strategy/initiatives and business objectives
· ensuring operating consistencies and synergies across the cluster in the most efficient manner
Additionally, the successful candidate will use the agreed Human Resource business plan, aligned with business objectives, deliver HR services that enable business success across all the hotels and leadership teams in the Golf & Country Club cluster.
Education and Experience
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration
· 2 years experience in the Human Resources, management operations of a multi site operations or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading and Managing Human Resources Strategy
· Delivers sound results by championing implementations, tracking results, problem solving, and leveraging efforts wherever possible.
· Along with the CDHR, translates business priorities into property Human Resource strategies, plans and actions.
· Partners with CDHR to ensure that property Human Resource strategies, plans and actions are in alignment with regional Human Resources strategies and the overall strategic Human Resource framework for the organisation.
· Serve as key change agent for initiatives developed in Cluster/company that have high employee impact.
· Review of the hourly associate total compensation and benefits awareness strategy and provide action planning where necessary
· Supports data collation for owners meetings and provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g., retention statistics, critical open positions, employee satisfaction, and training initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner priorities.
Managing the Staffing and Recruiting Process –
· Assists the CDHR in the development of agreed resourcing strategies, including compensation and benefits for the Golf and Country Club Cluster and ensure that these are implemented correctly.
· Supports hotels in the cluster and serves as coach and expert facilitator of selection process and interviewing procedures where appropriate.
· Monitors and supports properties where appropriate to ensures managers are competent in evaluating and hiring hourly employees.
· Works with the CDHR and properties to analyse open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
· Assists the CDHR to coordinate and manage their human capital planning.
· Supports properties during vacation/absence of HR function to resource and deliver necessary and appropriate coverage.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
· Working with the properties to assist with the Review, analysis and action of results of Compensation and Benefit data and reports/internal equity management.
· Documents and provides input on any out of guidelines management compensation adjustments for regional approval.
· Assists in the cross cluster drive and implementation of total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
· Keeps current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments across cluster.
Managing Staff Development Activities
· Manages and collaborates with the on property HR team, sharing best practice and ensuring work environment related activities are completed and issues are addressed.
· Coordinates with on property leadership teams and ensures compliance with training initiatives.
· Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’ Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
· Assists in the training and recruitment of the HR function across cluster. That the HR staff is properly trained in all employee-related human resource technology, process, and policy to appropriately respond to employee inquiries and anticipate employee needs.
· Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations questions and issues.
· Assists and acts as a “go to” person to ensure that the cluster has overall legal and Marriott policy compliance within the cluster ensuring that the hotels are legally compliant and ensuring all policy is implemented as required in regard to:
· Immigration and all right to work compliance
· Employee Relations
· HR Review
· All Financial Audit requirements that HR contribute to such as ISRA and Audit Lite
· Payroll compliance and reporting
· Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
· Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
· Professional Demeanour - Exhibits behavioural styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
· Planning and Organising - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritises and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Building Relationships with Coworkers & Customers
Develops, sustains and uses collaborative relationships to understand and facilitate the accomplishment of goals and customer service standards.
Generating Talent and Organisational Capability
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives. Moreover, encouraging the utilisation of differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensure employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Organisational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organisational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organisational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and utilises learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilises business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilises professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labour relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
· Compensation and Benefits - The knowledge of principles, regulatory laws, and application of Human Resource compensation and benefit methods, including workers compensation and work accident procedures.
· Employee Relations - Knowledge of country applicable and local laws and regulations that affect employment. This includes the ability to administer and monitor progressive disciplinary and analysing diversity reports.
· Associate Relations - Knowledge of the broad range of relationships that could impact an employee, employer, or applicant. This includes knowledge of country applicable laws, company policies and practices, and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate, and recommend an appropriate resolution to an employee or labour relations complaint.
· Recruitment and Hiring - Ability to recruit, interview, and hire qualified candidates. This includes knowledge of best practices for each stage of the selection system.
· Training - The ability to perform training needs assessment analysis, develop training programs, and effectively delivering training modules to employees.
· Payroll –In conjunction with UK payroll support to have knowledge of principles and application of Human Resource hourly and management payroll methods and practices.
· Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.