Manager, Executive Support - Bethesda, MD
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000FGR
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Executive Support services providing all aspects of technical assistance and customer interaction support to the Marriott executive community. Develop and deliver against key performance indicators and resource plans, research best practices, seek continuous process improvement opportunities and ensure high level customer satisfaction. Act as an escalation for all issues pertaining to the services. Collaborate with business customers, service providers, partner groups and suppliers of iT products to create and deliver services that meet and exceed the needs of the business in quality and customer service. Responsible for overall development of staff through ongoing and new-hire training, and metrics review. Implement ITIL practices and develop team processes that promote efficiency and communication while enhancing the end user experience.
- 8+ years of experience in an information technology environment
- 5+ years technical management experience in a related field
- 5+ years of hands on experience with installing, configuring and troubleshooting Office 365, IE, Skype for Business, printer troubleshooting, Mac’s, iPhones, iPad, mobile devices
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to utilize metrics and data to improve service quality and team performance
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Strong Apple and WinTel technical capabilities
- Technology related professional certifications
- Experience in IT customer service environment using Service Now ITSM
- Working knowledge of server architecture and administration.
- Networking devices and other infrastructure components (to include Wireless technologies).
- Audio/visual systems, such as projectors and teleconferencing equipment, and conference room support.
- Established work history of exceptional customer service
- Passion for IT and eagerness to stay current with changing technology practices
- Deep understanding of Operations and “run” aspects of IT, for back-end systems and end-user technology
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Trains, grows, motivates, evaluates, and retains a staff of highly skilled professionals while ensuring standard operating procedures and change management processes are defined and enacted
- Assigns and reviews tasks, provides mentoring, manages performance feedback, training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential
- Manages and reviews escalations, designs RCA’s and builds and implements corrective actions
- Leads continuous process improvement efforts
- Manages with data driven analysis and metrics
- Ensures teams coordinate, and provide on-site technical support and problem resolution to include but not limited to: Windows, Office, Outlook, Apple Mac, iPhone and iPad, mobile devices meeting management, event support
- Responsible for adhering to established quality control and security protocols
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community
- Interacts with staff and customers to achieve efficient, effective results
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes in accordance with business priorities and management escalations
- Directs the team to record and respond to user queries using the incident management system (SNOW)
- Escalates issues appropriately to EUC leadership or other partner teams
- Leads weekly team meetings to review delivery state and to identify areas requiring assistance
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.