Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000BFK
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Dubai Global Design, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
As a member of the MEA Finance team the A&C Project Accountant will perform project accounting duties for assigned projects of moderate to high complexity/financial risk.
KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE
• 1-2 years professional experience
• Excellent PC skills: proficient in Microsoft Office products
• PeopleSoft software experience preferred
• Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles required (GAAP)
• Strong interpersonal and oral/written communications skills required
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Ability to identify issues, recommend solutions, and implement resolutions
• Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving abilities;
Education and Experience
• Baccalaureate (or equivalent) degree in accounting, finance, or a related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
• CPA/ ACCA/ CIMA (or equivalent certification) preferred or in progress.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Complete accurate and timely project set-up in the financial systems (PeopleSoft and Mosaic).
• Monitor and review project costs for accuracy and make applicable adjusting entries. Prepare and analyze project forecasts as applicable; identify potential risks and communicate appropriately.
• Ensure projects are billed in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with owner/contractual requirements; including contractual agreements including foreign currency translation issue.
• Monitor accounts receivable items including past due complex accounts; escalate to appropriate level for resolution.
• Review applicable domestic or international tax requirements, to ensure taxes are accrued and paid in accordance with jurisdictional regulations.
• Prepare and issue timely and accurate project status reporting to management on a periodic basis.
• Complete timely and accurate project closeout activities in conjunction with Project Management and in accordance with owner and contractual requirements.
• Interact with owners regarding Project related issues
• Compile reporting and analysis for revenue recognition of technical services fees
• Assist with annual budget and resourcing analysis
• Compile and review account reconciliations for accuracy, and resolve reconciliation issues for assigned projects.
• Support process improvement opportunities to drive consistent tools and processes by using technology. Recommend areas in which processes may be optimized and/or improved. Utilizes strong systems skills in multiple applications in order to streamline processes and gain efficiencies.