Customer Service Specialist
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000B9B
Job Category Reservations
Location Starwood CCC-Guangzhou, Guangzhou, China VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
- To process, investigate and resolve complaints generated from dissatisfied guests through direct interaction with hotels, corporate headquarters and central reservations offices worldwide.
- Receive calls, correspondences, faxes, emails and administrative messages from the general public, SET customers, SPG members, government agencies, travel agents, hotels, area directors of operations and Starwood associates and executives concerning difficulties encountered with or related to, a guest’s stay or reservation with any Starwood property.
- To resolve all SPG member issues and complaints within an established time period. This includes award reservations, all redemptions, profile updates, missing stays, program content issues, inquiries regarding special.
- Services calls from hotels, guests, general public, SET customers, government agencies,travel agents, hotels, area directors and Starwood staff and executives.
- Records information in Starlink and establishes file on customers
- Review all correspondences received in the Corporate Services Group regardless of its origin.
- Interacts with Contact Center management staff, hotel General Manager and staff in seeking resolution to customer issues
- Provide regular communication of all SPG program specifics. Solicit feedback and ideas from all staff with an aim to improve associate and customer perception of the program.
- Research and analyze a variety of SPG issues utilizing various resources and tools. This position is empowered to handle situations using decision-making latitude in solving problems.
- Ensure that all SPG correspondences is handled in a timely manner through distribution to fellow associates while ensuring that necessary monitoring and work performance audits are conducted and necessary additional training is provided to associates.
- Ensures that responses are sent to all member queries forwarded from the hotels using same distribution process as above.
- To handle reservation calls during peak periods.
- Participate in ad hoc projects as assigned by Manager.
- College diploma and above
- 2 years of relevant working experience with business techniques, applications as well as analyzing and working with the public due to handling issues above and beyond
- Well-versed in Microsoft Word, Excel, Web and Email applications
- Good negotiation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Able to work independently and exercise initiative
- Strong aptitude for customer service and attention to detail
- Bilingual with excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin/Cantonese