Senior Revenue Manager, Bench Team
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180009UZ
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Europe Office-UKShared Service, Luton, Bedfordshire VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Performs the following types of basic tasks: training, analysis, auditing, budgeting, forecasting, programming, research, report generation, and software integration.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
- establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
- allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
- contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate to the business.
- Training of others on Marriott’s Revenue Management Systems and Processes
- Systems management including the management of room authorizations, rates and restrictions
- Analyze competitive performance through the use of market share tools and make recommendations to the hotel
- Analyze reports and available information to make long term pricing recommendations with brand initiatives as a key focus
- Develop and implement with the General Manager, strategies that will maintain and/or increase the hotel’s RevPAR
- Utilize Marriott’s revenue management systems and tools to ensure that revenue and profit are maximized
- Conduct Sales Strategy meetings with General Manager and key property staff to educate and evaluate pricing and inventory strategies
- Ensure that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the inventory systems
- Effectively communicate brand specific revenue management philosophies as they pertain to One Yield recommended strategies
- Communicates brand philosophies to the property staff
- Understands and delivers against Revenue Management Inventory Services’ initiatives and philosophies
- Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
- Possesses ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Possesses excellent knowledge of Marriott’s Systems (MARSHA, OneYield, and property management systems)
- Has excellent knowledge of revenue management concepts, tactics, and processes
- Has excellent analytical skills and the ability to make recommendations based on that analysis
- Possesses strong deductive reasoning
- Possesses attention to detail and follows through to conclusion
- Has strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Possesses organizational skills
- Is able to work in a multi-task environment
- Possesses strong organizational skills in task management
- Is customer focused and enjoys problem solving
- Is able to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
- Experience with multiple brands
- Demonstrates ability to influence change and decisions
- College Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Previous revenue management experience (3+years)
- Takes time to assist associates and to provide specific, detailed follow up
- Gives timely and specific performance feedback
- Committed to training others to drive up the skill level of Revenue Management associates across Europe
- Performs all technical & procedural requirements of the job
- Demonstrates understanding of how a property and the department operate.
- Acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement
- Seeks feedback from others on performance and modifies behavior appropriate
- Keeps up to date on available resources that can help to better serve and improve organizational effectiveness
- Shares learning’s, innovations and best practices with others
- Is willing to learn from others
- Shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, techniques, or systems resulting from departmental or organizational-wide change
- Considers the impact of personal / departmental actions on other parts of the organization / business.
- Supports and acts in accordance with team decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect one’s own opinion
- Works to meet goals in a manner which does not disadvantage others
- Solicits and uses associates’ ideas and opinions to resolve issues
- Asks questions as necessary to clarify the message
- Encourages others to share their points of view
- Actively listens and responds to associates
- Shares relevant, timely information to help others understand and support business objectives
- Writes memoranda, letters etc. that are clear and effective with few, if any, spelling or grammatical errors
- Demonstrates commitments to the organization and its vision, mission and associates
- Establishes measurable and achievable expectations of results
- Holds self and others accountable for achieving results
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with information available
- Addresses conflicts in a timely manner
- Takes action to motivate associates toward achieving goals and objectives
- Seeks full understanding of new procedures or methods resulting from change
- Understands and communicates reasons for change
- Sees change as an opportunity rather than a problem
- Helps and supports associates in solving problems and accomplishing work objectives
- Approaches own work with a sense of urgency and purpose
- Ensures that desired results are achieved in the most efficient manner whiles maintaining or improving the quality of service
- Allocates time and resources effectively when faced with competing demands
- Tracks activities in progress and / or competed activities to ensure stated objectives are accomplished
- Tries new approaches to overcome obstacles or to accomplish challenging objectives
- Anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them