Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
As a member of the Marriott international procurement team (MIP), the manager of 5SU services will focus on the support of operating supplies and equipment (OS&E) activity within the Asia Pacific region. This role will be based in Shanghai or Hong Kong.
The primary role relates to providing 5SU full services to ownership on a fee basis, marketing and pitching of the 5SU full services to prospective hotel owners, engage with appointed 3rd party procurement companies to ensure Marriott commodity compliance, co-ordinate with continent lodging services (CLS) to ensure that the Marriott approved vendor list and their appointed local distributor list are current and provide mock up room (MUR) support services on a fee basis.
5SU Fee Basis Support
• Provide support to hotel owners in procuring operating supplies and equipment (OS&E) and certain furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E) required in a hotel opening tasks.
• Create a 5SU budget based on the facility criteria and renderings.
• Follow specifications as set by CLS for each Hotel brand type.
• Manage the vendor bid process.
• Create purchase orders required for property commodity purchase.
• Manage the delivery process of OS&E and certain FF&E into a new hotel.
• Completion of administrative duties based on templates and work documents used in a hotel project.
• Manage the profit & loss running totals (budget vs. spend on commodities)
• Manage vendor relations.
Mock Up Room Fee Basis Support
• Provide fee basis support to ownership in setting up of MUR for new hotels using Marriott approved vendor commodities where applicable.
Candidate Qualification and Experience Required
• Degree/Diploma in purchasing or business studies.
• At least minimum of 2 years’ work experience with the hospitality industry in a purchasing role. Hotel pre-opening experience is highly desired.
• Hotel operations experience preferably in F&B and/or room operations.
• Strong knowledge of luxury and premium hotel market in the Asia Pacific continent.
• Strong communication (verbal, listening, writing) and interpersonal skills.
• Good analysis skills essential and must be able to utilize Microsoft Excel to a very high level of competency.
• Proficiency in Outlook and customized programs.
• Multi-tasking ability to work on more than one project and stakeholder management is essential in this role.
• Pro-active and reliable.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to sell 5SU service and clearly communicate Marriott purchasing strategy to hotel owners and external parties.
• Ability to manage hotel budgets for hotel opening supplies.
• Strong contracting skills in various hotel commodities.
• Ability to maintain hotel’s standard, policies and procedures.
• Ability to maintain positive and engaging relations with all enquires.
• Organized and focused in high stress situations.
• Fluent in English language both written and spoken, plus a second Asian language.
• Flexible and willing to travel for business (up to 50% of total time).