Senior Administrative Assistant / Project Assistant- Change Management & Deployment and Program Evaluation
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180008MC
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Understanding of core administrative processes, e.g. calendaring / schedule management, drafting department communications, managing
- processes such as expense reports and time sheets
- Ability to quickly develop understanding of, and ability to navigate: department and company mission, functions, organization structure, policies,
- and procedures
- Ability to use advanced functions of Microsoft Word and Outlook, and basic working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain relationships with other administrative staff, particularly those supporting executives
- Answers supervisor telephone line(s); provides callers with responses to all types of requests, both routine and those requiring research and
- follow-up; directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages. Develops alternative methods to handle requests and address ambiguous
- issues. Routinely responds back directly to the caller after performing research or follow-up.
- Composes all types of correspondence or documents, many times on behalf of the supervisor. Correspondence may be directed toward outside
- owners, customers or senior level executives. Typically drafts correspondence under own signature.
- Identifies areas where new administrative policies and procedures may be necessary within a department. Initiates the project to develop the
- new policy or procedure.
- Researches questions and problems regarding departmental or administrative policies, procedures, information or services, including questions,
- which are complex in nature. Gathers data from multiple sources and analyzes information as appropriate.
- Reconciles departmental expense accounts as reflected on the distribution summary or operating statement; identifies discrepancies and
- prepares variance analyses to explain comparisons to last year's results or the current year budget. May assist in the development and
- forecasting of budget items.
- Schedules appointments and meetings or makes travel arrangements for department personnel, evaluating alternatives and making decisions
- regarding pricing and logistical issues. Coordinates basic elements of event planning (e.g. food and beverage, audio-visual).
- Manages and updates department events calendar (e.g. key meetings, birthdays, work anniversaries).
- Manages office supply ordering and inventories.
- Supports tracking, management, and organization of department inventory and electronic documents.
- Supports generation and mailing of official legal notices related to department programs.
- Provides backup support for various tasks performed by others.
- Processes data through automated administrative systems, such as expense reports, accounts payable, payroll and personnel data. Performs
- research and follow-up necessary to solve problems encountered.
- Performs data entry into various applications and develops databases or spreadsheets as necessary.
- Sets priorities and establishes procedures for completing responsibilities.
- Delegate portions of work to others when appropriate.
- Resolves and determines the urgency level of conflicting priorities. Prioritizes some aspects of the work for the supervisor, such as identifying
- critical items and ascertaining which items are to be delegated to subordinate managers, handled by the supervisor or handled by incumbent.
- Incumbent receives minimal supervision. Instructions are provided at the beginning of complex projects and sensitive assignments, and the
- resulting work is generally reviewed at completion. Some work may be distributed without review.
- Incumbent is responsible for setting priorities and establishing procedures for completing responsibilities. Incumbent may delegate portions of
- work to others. Incumbent is responsible for resolving and determining the urgency level of conflicting priorities. Incumbent is responsible for
- prioritizing some aspects of the work for the supervisor, such as identifying critical items and ascertaining which items are to be delegated to
- subordinate managers, handled by the supervisor or handled by incumbent.
- Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions
- and priorities change which may include learning new skills
- Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
- Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position
- Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
- Actively listens to others recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
- Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
- Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction and financial success
- Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
- Respects fellow associates
- Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
- Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues
- impacting the plan
- Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail‐oriented, maximizes resources,
- meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
- Identifies problems and seeks resolution through sound judgment and solid decision making skills, where appropriate
- Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
- Works well in a team environment
- Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
- Gives recognition, collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully, promotes celebration when appropriate
- Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position.
- Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, timely professionally and accurately
- Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and professional skills needed to perform job duties
- Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively