Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800076V
Job Category Legal
Location Hong Kong Development, Hong Kong, Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
This role functions as a paralegal assisting lawyers focused on Development in the Asia Pacific Law Department and is based in Hong Kong. The position covers all countries in the Asia Pacific region with the exception of the PRC.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare first drafts of memorandums of understanding and agreements using standard forms.
- Assist in preparing and amending agreements and other documents.
- Prepare signing authorities and assist with pre-execution formalities.
- Proofread and prepare execution version of agreements.
- Maintain and update franchise disclosure documents.
- Conduct follow-up to complete post-closing items, e.g. obtaining closing documents and lodging registrations.
- Maintain transaction checklists and key contact lists.
- Conduct and summarize legal research as requested.
- Maintain and update standard form agreements, databases and web-based platforms used by the legal team.
- Chinese (Mandarin) translation of short form agreements/documents.
- Prepare and collate presentation materials.
- Provide general assistance to the lawyers in the team in the execution of all aspects of hotel transactions.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested.
Education and Experience
- At least a diploma (or equivalent).
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a law firm or law department, with a basic understanding of legal terminology, processes and drafting.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong user skills across common platforms (e.g. Microsoft Office, iManage, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate well with others on the team and across different teams.
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal) and Chinese typing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform well under pressure with minimal supervision, while producing a high volume of accurate work.
- Diligent, dependable, enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Experience in preparing presentation materials (e.g. PowerPoint presentations and videos) is an advantage.