Global Luxury Account Director, London
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180006YO
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location London GSO, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Global Luxury Account Director, London will be a luxury specialist and responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with key luxury accounts and segments within the respective geographical region. The Global Luxury Account Director is expected to meet established room night and revenue goals as set by the Regional Director, Luxury Sales while professionally representing Marriott Internationals luxury portfolio, managing responsibilities that ensure a strong relationship as a liaison with customers and each property.
Position will be located in London, England.
• Manage and lead as necessary, travel opportunities including Road shows, Tradeshows, Industry events, sales appointments and familiarization trips.
• Proactively research and update GSO, Corporate Office and Hotel colleagues on industry, market and account trends.
• Represents Marriott’s luxury brands where applicable in vertical market segments.
• Develop and maintain respectful working relationship at all levels of the organization, while working within the Marriott GSO to ensure results and goals are achieved.
• Proactively identify opportunities to lead special projects that drive efficiencies for the broader team.
• Lead and participate in client sales meetings.
• Provide leadership and direction to on property Group Sales Managers to help them maximize revenue from luxury accounts
• Collaborate effectively with peers, managers, and customers in a global and culturally diverse environment.
• Ensure Strategic Account Plans focus on improving market share, leveraging efficiencies, generating revenue
• Increase penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all luxury brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Provide informal mentorship to less experienced members of the GSO team.
• Build Relationships with the following
• Internal: Marriott GSO, On-property sales and marketing teams, Global Sales Offices and administrative support staff.
• External: Customer/Client Base in responsible markets
• Facilitate and lead customer presentations to accounts based upon customer needs.
• Entertain customers as appropriate to establish and/or deepen the customer relationship to identify additional sales opportunities.
• Develop communications templates/framework that can be leveraged by other team members to drive effective conversations with existing or prospective customers.
• Proactively facilitate communication with the customer base.
• Communicate with clients to gain full understanding of decision making process including history, key decision factors, time line, and decision hierarchy.
• Build and maintain good relations with relevant Marriott’s luxury properties to better understand property-specific needs and identify relevant business opportunities.
• Maintain strong and collaborative working relationships with all members of Global Sales Organization.
• Promote positive relations and teamwork with all members of the GSO.
• Promote the financial success of Marriott International by ensuring all bookings and interactions support long-term financial reasoning.
• Maintain complete knowledge of Marriott’s luxury portfolio; develop a complete and thorough knowledge of basic hotel capabilities related to numbers of rooms and Unique Selling Points.
• Leverage customer knowledge to proactively anticipate sales opportunities and solutions on behalf of the customer.
• Anticipate and respond to all customer needs within a timely manner.
• Maintain high level of knowledge of the competition’s product.
• Comply with all Global Sales Offices policies and procedures.
• Field and prioritize all incoming group inquiries and opportunities, analyze the capabilities of the request and manage distribution of these inquiries to appropriate hotel (s)
• Proactively facilitate communication with the customer base
• Evaluate leads and offer comparable alternative Marriott luxury locations where applicable
• Ensure all assigned accounts are aware of new-openings and up-coming locations
• Facilitate, present and manage multi-year and multi-hotel opportunities
• Develop library of Standardized Agreements and Addendums. Understand these agreements to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues when applicable and in collaboration with GSO Director
• Organize familiarization trips, in conjunction with Agencies, Tourist Boards and Airlines.
• Research and implement creative/effective methods to stimulate business.
• Develop comprehensive understanding of all electronic RFP programs (where applicable), while assisting properties in executing these programs
• Manage Group Road shows, Individual and joint sales appointments and entertainment events within assigned territories.
• Address incoming phone calls, emails and requests in a timely manner.
• Manage Sales Coordinator with employee performance reviews on a timely basis.
• Ensure that the Coordinators and GSO team are aware of the Group market, its opportunities and potential.
• Identify opportunities to mentor/coach peers and new sales managers on a formal or informal basis.
• Participate in selection of new talent, as appropriate.
• Develop and maintain computerized file databases of all customer and account history.
• Maintain the reporting mechanism to continuously educate property Group Sales Manages on the updated status of account.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the computer systems
• Building Relationships
• Coworker Relationships
o Builds strong working relationships.
o Shares thoughts and feedback in a professional way.
o Considers how own behavior impacts others.
o Explains work in a way that encourages cooperation from others.
• Customer Relationships
o Shows an understanding of customer/stakeholder expectations.
o Listens and responds to customers/stakeholders with empathy.
o Builds rapport and trust with customers/stakeholders to promote loyalty.
o Anticipates and quickly responds to customer/stakeholder requests or issues.
o Explains policies in a way that helps customers/stakeholders understand.
· Global Mindset
o Helps others feel valued and included.
o Works well with others regardless of their background or characteristics.
o Models the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
o Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected for their unique skills.
o Listens to and acknowledges different ideas and viewpoints.
· Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
o Organizational Capability
o Shows an understanding of how each role on the team contributes to the work.
o Shows an understanding of goals, processes, and reporting relationships within the department.
o Understands scope of own decision‐making authority.
· Talent Management
o Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
o Shows an understanding of performance expectations.
o Works with manager to set and prioritize developmental goals.
o Builds relationships to attract top talent.
o Participates in the hiring process and helps with on‐boarding new associates.
o Stays calm and focused during stressful situations.
o Asks questions to understand why change is happening.
o Uses resources to help deal with change or challenges.
· Communication and Professional Demeanor
o Expresses ideas in a clear and concise way.
o Actively listens and responds to others with understanding.
o Appropriately interprets verbal and non‐verbal behavior.
o Displays professionalism and gains respect from others.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making
o Recognizes issues and makes suggestions to solve problems related to daily work.
o Breaks complex issues into manageable parts.
o Asks questions and gathers information before making a decision.
o Identifies and considers alternatives and their possible impact before making decisions.
o Makes decisions and takes action in a reasonable amount of time.
o Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning
o Sets career goals and identifies areas for development.
o Uses available resources and challenging assignments to improve performance.
o Shares own learnings and best practices with others.
o Completes assigned training on times
· Business Acumen
o Shows an understanding of how own work impacts Company and department performance.
o Shows an understanding of the drivers of Company and department performance.
o Identifies innovative ways to improve productivity and associate and customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
· Technical Acumen
o Performs technical and complex tasks and solves problems within area of expertise.
o Models technical excellence and communicates the benefits of specific techniques in area of expertise.
o Uses appropriate facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
o Follows current policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
· Managing Execution
o Building and Contributing to Teams
o Works with team members to meet shared goals.
o Shows an understanding of how the team contributes to broader success.
o Shares with team members information needed to accomplish work.
o Tells other team members when they are doing a good job.
· Driving for Results
o Takes responsibility for being innovative and delivering work that exceeds requirements.
o Learns from mistakes.
o Participates in setting goals for the team or department.
o Looks ahead and lets manager know about possible challenges in completing assigned work.
· Planning and Organizing
o Keeps track of own current and future workload to make sure everything is completed on time.
o Prioritizes own activities and makes adjustments when appropriate.
o Asks for and uses available resources to complete work.
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
• Strong preference for candidate with Starwood experience
• Able to demonstrate strong selling skills/experience
• Extensive experience (3+ years in International Group Sales Experience)
• Experience in training delivery or development preferred
• Proficient computer skills
• Strong administrative skills
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Ability to influence at all levels of the organization both at corporate and in the field while maintaining positive relationships with customers (both internal and external).
· Solid sales skills with strong and ethical sales principles and processes
· Ability to perform job function with minimal supervision, even under pressure and as a cohesive team member
· Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems while exercising good judgment
· Ability to remain calm and courteous with difficult and demanding situations
· Ability to be able to maintain extensive travel requirements
· Ability to prioritize, organize work assignments and follow-up
· Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel data.
· Ability to enforce the company’s quality procedures
· Maintain high level of knowledge in reference to Marriott’s product
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all GSO policies and procedures
· Ensure that processes meet Marriott’s standards in terms of consistency and standardization
· Ability to manage electronic real time communication channels
· Work effectively in a team environment
· Strong preference for candidate who speaks English.
Education and Professional Certification:
§ Bachelor’ Degree or equivalent required.